Lightspeed is seeking a Customer Service oriented individual to provide full-time technical assistance for our popular Point of Sale software. Our Support Specialist team is designed for customers needing assistance. This position is for an experienced computer user with a background in customer service in a technical support role. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be in contact on a daily basis with our customers via chat.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Provide excellent technical support and customer service to our customers
- Use consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution
- Properly document and track customer issues and resolutions
- Follow escalation procedures as required
- Liaise with team leaders to best handle day to day situations to better customer experiences
- Handle miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to handle multiple incoming telephone calls, and emails
- Effective telephone communication skills, with the ability to conveying a customer-focused attitude
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter who also works well in a team environment
- Computer hardware and networking experience
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Mac OS X
- Restaurant or retail experience
- Problem solving experience
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A central downtown office in the Historic District;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Birthday treats every month;
- Relax and energize with office-wide yoga sessions;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!