Lightspeed is looking for a results-driven, Social Media Strategist to join our Marketing team in Montreal. We’re changing the way independent businesses run, and we’re looking to YOU—our social expert—to build and nurture our growing audience and customer base. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill social media position. Yes, you need to know how to tailor messages for specific audiences and social networks. And yes, you should have prior experience building—and engaging—a diverse social audience. But for this position, we’re looking for more…
The ideal candidate has experience designing and executing social campaigns from the ground up. They’re equal parts creative and data-driven—someone with a quick wit, who overflows with empathy for our audience, and who naturally looks at the metrics to back up their work and refine their approach. They can quickly say what every emoji means, but can also hang in a conversation littered with marketing acronyms (LTV, CPC, CAC!?) This is more than a “coordinate and post” position—the right candidate “gets” social on a holistic, business-results, ROI-positive level.
Success in this role will be measured by an increase in website traffic, fresh leads, and new customers via social efforts. The ideal candidate has SaaS or tech marketing experience and has previously worked in social or content marketing within a fast growing company. The position resides within our content marketing team and reports directly to the Global Head of Content and VP of Marketing.
We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, and the desire to learn and grow. We're a fun team and have a great company culture. We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work are essential.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Work with leadership on the social media strategy, application, content management, planning, crisis management, and goal setting
- Own all outbound social communications via popular networks (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin)
- Maximize traffic, engagement, and growth across all social platforms
- Strategize, manage, develop and execute a monthly multi-channel content calendar for social platforms that support product/content campaigns and reinforces our brand story
- Use social channels to support the TOFU/MOFU/BOFU sales funnel
- Create compelling, original and platform-specific content in partnership with other teams within the marketing organization (events, acquisitions, PR, etc). Share and promote accordingly
- Devise social promotion for product launches and feature updates, in accordance with the overall GTM marketing strategy
- Monitor social channels and paid/organic social campaigns, analyze and report performance; provide actionable and insightful reports to help inform go-forward strategy
- Coordinate paid social efforts with the marketing acquisition team
- Coordinate Facebook Lives, webinars, and other types of content that is adjacent to our social efforts
- Serve as the social media expert in our organization, bringing knowledge of modern social trends and tools (posting, analytics, etc.)
- Nurture our community through continuous dialogue and engagement; actively engage with our customers and community via social channels
- Continuously monitor our social platforms, responding to customer inquiries and feedback expediently
- Build relationships with social influencers in our target industries
- Be vocal (and helpful!) in external forums and social groups
- Coordinate with our partnerships team, identifying opportunities for social support and partner promotion
- Stay abreast of the latest news and trends in the restaurant and retail industries
- 2-5 years of experience in social strategy and production, either agency-side or internally (preferred) is essential
- At least 2 years experience in a dedicated social media role
- Experience working with social insights tools: Sprout, Hootsuite, etc
- BS/BA degree in Communications, or equivalent, a plus
- Expert English writing/speaking skills
- Expert French writing skills, a plus
- Keen understanding of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
- Detail-oriented, team player with a knack for clever thinking
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and take responsibility for deadlines
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with a variety of people across different disciplines
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!