Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the lookout for a passionate full-time Senior Front-End Developer to join our Toronto-based Development team. The primary role for this position is to build beautiful user interfaces and experiences for our Lightspeed Loyalty product.
Don’t mistake us for a typical corporation. We are not looking for just a team member, we’re searching for someone to enrich our family. We will encourage you to bring ideas and will give you creative freedom.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
What are you going to do?
- Collaborate with Lightspeed’s Product team to develop responsive, scalable, and global web applications
- Write efficient and reliable code with an emphasis on testing
- Incorporate feedback to iterate and improve the product
- Stay up to date with the latest Front-End technologies to ensure we are always using the best practices
What do we think is important to succeed?
- Practical understanding of HTML, CSS (SASS or equivalent)
- Experience using JS libraries/tools such as React, Redux, Webpack, etc. React being the principal asset.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Experience building responsive websites
What do we think would be great to have?
- 5+ years experience developing production-grade web applications
- Experience using versioning control systems (Git)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with consuming APIs
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!