Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Product Manager to join our headquarters-based Product team in Montreal!
Reporting to the Director of our Internal Platform, the Product Manager is responsible for understanding market and internal customer needs, translating them into clear, actionable direction and working hand in hand with development as the voice of the customer. This role requires technical and business knowledge to prioritize competing demands across a range of verticals and business environments. You will be a strong customer advocate, and have the technical chops to deliver compelling product vision, melding business acumen with go to market strategies.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Gathering user requirements from different business units
- Translation and definition of requirements into use cases, flow charts and gap analysis, process mapping includes :
- Documentation of current and new systems flows
- Mapping of the process and the data flow (using flowcharts - bpmn)
- Contribute to creating a high performing team by training, coaching and guiding team members on best practices & processes
- Continuously prioritize incoming internal customer requests to plan the product releases most valuable to the business
- Be a key member of the Agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members as a subject matter expert
- Help to define new models and processes to improve current processes and flows
- 1-2 years of Product Management experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven ability to make decisions, positively influence other team members, and thrive in a entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to reprioritize across multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven collaborator and excellent communicator
- Experience with Salesforce
- Retail experience
- Interest in Technology
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!