Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Senior Front-End Developer to join our Montreal-based Development team. The primary role for this position is to build responsive and beautiful UIs for our flagship web-based Point of Sale solution.
Don’t mistake us for a typical corporation. We are not looking for just a team member, we’re searching for someone to enrich our family. We will let you write the code and bring your ideas. We will believe in you and give you creative freedom to allow you to do the best work of your life. Sounds familiar? Perfect! We’ve got what it takes to keep you feeling challenged and empowered.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have worked on large projects and your background is in Front-End Development. You’re always game to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe. You enjoy learning things that you’ve never touched before. This is your chance to intimately collaborate with a small team, to take on big projects that greatly improve the product. We love critical thinkers who like to question why we do things this way and want to do better. Change agents are everywhere at Lightspeed, are you one of them? That comes with taking ownership of the code you write, coupled with strong UI/UX skills. If you want to do the best work of your life while being surrounded by talented colleagues, we think we should talk.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
What are you going to do?
- Participate in the design and create beautiful / functional web applications, with a focus on the client side
- Evolve and implement new and existing UI through our company’s Design System
- Collaborate with Lightspeed’s Product team to deliver features and functionality
- Participate to code reviews and peer support
- Stay up to date with the latest Front-End technologies to ensure we are always using the best practices
- Be a promoter of great UX
- Grow as a Front-End Developer through peer mentorship and collaboration
What do we think is important to succeed?
- Practical understanding of HTML, CSS (SASS or equivalent)
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Experience building responsive websites
- Experience using JS libraries/tools such as React, Redux, Webpack, etc. React being the principal asset.
- A keen interest in user interface design
- Familiarity with writing tests
- Excellent communication skills
What do we think would be great to have?
- 5+ years experience developing production-grade web applications
- Proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience using versioning control systems (Git)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with consuming APIs
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!