Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We're seeking experienced and results-driven individuals in Toronto to join our Field Account Executive team. You will work on the road within your designated territory to meet with customers and identify ways where they could grow their business, improve data usage on their customers, menu, and service staff. In order to do this effectively you must maintain in-depth restaurant/hospitality knowledge including marketplace conditions, and competitor positioning in your geographic area. Each month you will drive the sales cycle from lead generation, to demonstrations, to closing deals.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Carrying out the whole sales cycle which includes identifying and developing leads, meeting with your clients in person or via call, creating value propositions, structuring financial deals, negotiating contracts, and closing deals
- Successfully running in person and online demonstrations of Lightspeed with restaurateurs
- 100% net new business focus in your assigned territory, where the expectation is to be in the field every week
- Close business consistently if not above quota
- Becoming an expert in our industry, the product, and our restaurateurs
- Maintaining up-to-date records within Lightspeed’s CRM solution
- Processing sales quotes and orders in an accurate manner
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Familiarity and proficiency with full lifecycle sales process management
- Experience prospecting new business
- Intermediate experience with closing/quota carrying experience sales roles
- Understanding of solution-based consultative sales
- Experience using Salesforce or comparable CRM experience to manage and organize pipeline
- Professional poise and confidence while communicating with executives
- You value feedback, and thrive on constant improvement and learning
- Ability to work on the road within your sales region
- Strong work ethic, and a self-driven desire to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Reliable mode of transportation daily
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or any other relevant field
- Bilingual, French, English or any additional language
- Experience selling in a SaaS environment
- Prior experience as an AE with a track record of success with in-person sales
- Prior experience working in/with restaurants is a plus!
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible hybrid environment (3 days/week in office);
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy & healthy:
- Lightspeed RSU program (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Possibility for transit fees to be covered
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.