Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place to join our team.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Lightspeed Capital team, you will be responsible for the technical evolution, development and maintenance of systems and business functionality in the Capital and Payments platforms. Our goal is to give merchants access to more cash flow in order to grow their businesses. As a Staff Engineer, you are expected to bring strong technical expertise, a great understanding of distributed systems, a passion for mentoring others and experience with evolving the team’s process, tooling, etc. You will take an active role in leading various production operations, including production support. Most importantly, you’ll work with Financial Services experts in a rapidly growing department that is a big part of Lightspeed’s success.
What you'll be responsible for
- Evolving the technical architecture to help scale Lightspeed Capital
- Collaborating closely with Product and Operations to enhance the business functionality
- Partnering with other technical leaders across the Financial Services organization to evolve the overall technical ecosystem
- Bringing a strong commitment to engineering excellence spanning areas like code quality, observability and production operations among others
- Delivering on roadmap commitments through development of features & bugs across various services
- Decomposing high level requirements into development tasks and work items for delegation
- Initiating and contributing to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices
- Mentoring your team members and identifying and encouraging areas of growth and career development
- Participating in finding top talent for your team and the organization
- Supporting the tools and products that the team delivers
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Expertise in engineering and computer science fundamentals
- Expertise and well formed opinions on developing and maintaining distributed systems at scale
- Expert programming skills in TypeScript, Java or C#.
- Experience developing scalable, reliable applications on the cloud (we use AWS/GCP).
- Comfort with working in more than one major programming language.
- Experience leading multi-quarter, cross team initiatives and feature work from design to production deployment
- Strong sense of ownership, willingness to take informed risks and champion a blame-free culture
- Curiosity and a deep desire for continuous learning
Who you are
- You have a passion for software development and a customer-focused mindset.
- You are a team player who can work with, and help grow, other developers.
- You understand the need for constant improvement, self-growth, and accountability.
- You step up to solve problems for the business.
- You set ambitious goals, and act with a sense of urgency and focus
What's in it for you?
- Join a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Work on systems that handle billions of dollars in transactions for our merchants globally.
- Surround yourself with strong talent and enjoy continuous professional growth.
- Develop in a modern and proven technology stack.
- Great benefits and perks, including equity and flexible/hybrid remote work options, in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale.
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.