Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you looking for a new challenge? How does a Senior Analytics Engineer role with the opportunity to be creative and have an impact on the lives of thousands of SMBs worldwide sound?
Lightspeed is growing at a fast pace and we’re looking for a passionate data analytics engineer to join our Data Engineering practice within our Actionable Insights team. The primary function for this position will be to establish and maintain actionable insights for our partners.
You are inspired by generating value by leveraging data within the organisation. As a leading member of this team, you will be responsible for developing analytics and insights that will change how our customers do business.
What you'll do:
- Cleanse and transform raw data into business logic to help stakeholders build reports, and ensure the right data gets to the right people at the right time
- Collaborate with software engineers, data analysts and data architects, to design and feed proper data models for downstream usage.
- Act as a champion for data quality and usability across the organisation
- Ensure availability, quality, searchability of the data and documentation
- Write, clean, and maintain SQL/Python queries/scripts that are easy to understand, simple to troubleshoot and are highly performing with proper test implementation
- Automate the testing of our data models and monitor their quality
- Provide technical leadership on data solutions that are forward looking
- Work with the team to continuously improve our data pipeline
- Adopt software engineering best practices, such as version control and design patterns and teach others to adopt these best practices;
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Proficient skills with SQL;
- Strong knowledge of Python in a data analysis context;
- Ability to break down complex projects into smaller stories to help other team members & themselves deliver
- Experience with BI tools and building ML models (we use Looker)
- Experience with MPP data warehouse (we use BigQuery)
- Experience in performing data profiling, data mapping, and data quality validation.
- Experience with data orchestrator (we use cloud composer and dataform)
- A good understanding of industry-standard design patterns for data warehouse data models
- Experience with cloud environments (in particular GCP) as well as containerisation solutions as a user
- Experience with source control using Git or equivalent, CI/CD pipelining, and writing automated unit and functional tests
- A security mindset - should be able to understand compliances (GDPR, SOX, ...)
- Excellent communication skills
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.