Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer with a focus on Back-End to join our flagship eCommerce product. Lightspeed is a one-stop commerce platform that empowers merchants around the world to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our culture is through shared values and initiatives that support our employees, we encourage a work-life that works for everyone. Your happiness, whether you're working, hustling, or vacationing, is at the core of our company.
We are the eCommerce business unit and our primary goal is to enable our merchants to grow their businesses. As Lightspeed grows, we are bringing and integrating with various parts of the Lightspeed ecosystem including payments, shipping, and other services to help our merchants build the most unique experience for their customers.
What you’ll be doing:
You will work on our flagship eCommerce product and own the delivery of major features from the design phase to the production release. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple technology stacks, ranging from customer-facing technologies, working with big data, building and maintaining distributed systems, and everything in between.
- Deliver best in class software in collaboration with designers, product managers, and other developers
- Drive and own the technical challenges in the team
- Participate in development planning, retrospectives and demos
- Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to achieve the technical objectives
- Contribute to the team’s culture by joining discussions and challenging your peers
- Extending your own skills by learning from and growing with the team
Feel free to take a look at our Tech Stack here: https://stackshare.io/lightspeed/lightspeed
What you need to bring to the team:
- Professional experience developing Java 8+ and/or Kotlin and Spring framework
- Professional experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, SOLR)
- Experience with programming patterns and microservices architecture
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit5
- Strong understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery
- Strong knowledge in software development lifecycles, coding standards, source control management, code reviews, build processes, testing, and monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or IT-related technical discipline
- Attention to detail and have the ability to think abstractly
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Have an open mindset about seeking improvement and feedback
- Eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes
- Full working proficiency in English
- An appetite for learning
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with other web development languages
- Knowledge of eCommerce / POS systems
- Experience with modern front end technologies like React and Vue
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you are unsure that you have the right profile for the role? Hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you:
- Lots of autonomy and flexible work culture
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.