Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Retail Client Director to join our NuOrder team in New York City. We are looking for a strategic, self-motivated, and experienced individual for our major fashion retail clients. Reporting to the VP, retail Programs, you will be responsible for the customer success strategy, expansion and retention of our major fashion retail clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in client account management/retail consulting with a very well rounded view of the retail landscape. Experience in buying or planning with a major retailer is preferred.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own Product adoption, Revenue, and Customer Retention for key retail partnerships.
- Drive customer growth to deliver more value, revenue, and retention with retail partners.
- Be an expert in your customers' business; understanding their business objectives, merchandising processes/systems and working with them to have NuORDER support their needs/goals each step of the way. Develop long-term relationships quickly with customers, including C-Suite/executive level, to drive near and long term vision for strategic partnership.
- Partner with the product team to define the product roadmap based retail account goals, and brand/retailer feedback.
- Partner with cross functional brand partners to steer brand strategy to identify key values for brands.
- Manage and execute day-to-day operations, leverage technology and constant process improvements to gain efficiency and scale.
- Own retail account reporting, including C-level meetings with our retail partners to drive transparency across our organizations.
- Operate as the main point of contact, taking personal responsibility to make sure any questions or issues get resolved.
- Devise and drive customer success strategy; including giving presentations to communicate the benefits of NuORDER, developing the communication plan, driving the tactical piece, and engaging leadership to drive commitment.
What you need to bring:
- A passionate and tenacious approach to driving value and growth for the customer.
- 7+ years of client management experience with a well rounded view of the retail landscape. Experience with a major retailer preferred.
- Education BA/BS required; MBA, a plus.
- Experience in overseeing/managing project implementation across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong experience managing teams across multiple offices and functions.
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to translate strategy into operational plans in a technology-enabled company.
- Unparalleled business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to build trust quickly, navigate difficult conversations comfortably, and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing/changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working across/consulting C-Level executives.
- Ability to think beyond the status quo with a can-do attitude and an appetite for success.
- Self motivated, high energy and motivational leadership is driven with peers and senior leaders across all company functions.
At Lightspeed, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your skillset, qualifications, experience, and market data. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We reasonably expect the base salary for this position to be in the range of $140,000 to $175,000 USD + bonus, depending on the candidate’s location. Additionally, this role may be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. Lightspeed also provides a variety of employee benefits including, but not limited to, medical, dental, wellness, life and disability insurance, 401K plan and match, paid parental leave top-up, and paid time off.
Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within the United States, and refers to the amount Lightspeed is willing to pay at the time of this posting, which may vary depending on the candidate’s actual location. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.