Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
For its entity based in Germany, Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Financial Accountant based out in Germany (Berlin or remote). Reporting to the Financial Controller in EMEA, the ideal person to join us is self-motivated, and possesses strong organizational skills. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this is the position for you!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Responsible for the month-end close procedures for our German subsidiary;
- Assist and perform a wide variety of accounting tasks, from the Balance Sheet to the PnL ensuring accurate books at all times: intercompany reconciliations, following-up on accruals, etc.;
- Perform variance analysis during the month-end process;
- Collaborate with our accounts receivable team and accounts payable team for any topics related to your entity;
- Responsible for the bank reconciliation process and work closely with ERP team to increase the automation of this process;
- Own the relationship with our tax advisor and be in charge of VAT tax returns to be reported every month;
- Be the key contact for our local auditors during the annual audit and ensure the accuracy and completeness of all audit deliverables;
- Have the initiative to partake in the improvement of internal processes and being an active participant in automation projects;
- Responsible for SOX controls associated with the subsidiary.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- At least 3 years of experience as an accountant, auditor or finance professional
- Degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA) or a commercial diploma (kaufmännische Ausbildung)
- Strong knowledge of Germany’s specific accounting rules and regulations (Knowledge of German GAAP
- Strong financial reporting knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail, great analytical skills, and professional judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills are very important. You will need to be in constant communication with all stakeholders to have visibility of the business needs and risks
- You have a desire to take ownership
- You have a team-oriented personality with the ability to work independently
- Fluency in German and English
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with NetSuite & Salesforce
- Past experience within a SaaS company
- IFRS rules knowledge
What’s in it for you
- You will be able to advance your career by developing both interpersonal skills and gaining experience in a high growth industry
- Constant development of your financial skill-set and business knowledge
- Collaboration with people from different countries and cultures
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity incentive plan (RSUs) - we are all owners!
- Health and wellness credit of €400 per year
- Laptop and other IT equipment provided
- Employee referral program
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Paid volunteer day
- Transit benefit (within Berlin only)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.