Lightspeed is an international product Software company that develops POS systems for retail, restaurants, and golf clubs around the world. It is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, but we have offices all over the world.
As part of Lightspeed, we have a product called E-Series that helps people all over the world to start an online business and open an online store without the help of programmers and designers.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to join our global Lightspeed team in Tbilisi or Yerevan.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Work along with the Product Manager on developing the product and increasing the number of our users.
- Pay attention to the first interaction of our users with the product and bring them to success and growth using the product by making it simpler.
- Take part in developing our new side products which strengthen our current product-market fit.
A little bit about you:
- You love to generate new ideas that help to develop and improve the features and UI.
- You have an expert-level knowledge of user experience and know how to apply it in product design.
- You’re passionate about the industry and work with references and user testing.
- You’re risky enough to try new things and can balance between the users’ interests and monetizing the product.
- You’re a quick decision maker and you know how our new designs will affect user experience.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Proven experience in product design (more than 3 years)
- Familiarity with best industry practices, following UX and UI design trends and excellent taste for the modern design
- Strong portfolio that tells a great story and gives insight into the decisions you’ve made during your product creation process
- Intense desire to create new things, to make decisions and be responsible for them
- Flexible thinking and ability to persuade not just argue
- Multitasking and ability to prioritize, delegate and work with different tasks at the same time
- Deep desire to own your work from start to finish
- Willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Proficient English and Russian speaking and writing skills
It would be great if you’re also:
- Have experience with other design positions such as web design, graphic design, illustration
- Have experience with Figma
What we offer:
— Flexibility. We try to be in the office daily, but you can always work from home if you need to wait for a courier or utility worker. If you get sick, staying home for a couple of days is also better.
— Onboarding. We are always willing to share our knowledge and never leave you alone with your problems or questions.
— We have a concierge service. If you need to meet someone at the airport, get delivery, or even change tires on your car, we have a team that will do that for you.
— We care. We provide Macbooks for our team members so they can work from any place. We provide training and educational materials to keep everyone updated.
— Everyone matters. Day by day, we improve all our products and our processes. We have a global team and flexible work culture that provides many opportunities to grow and develop your career.
— We are reliable. Lightspeed was founded in 2004 and remains profitable and self-sustaining. Lightspeed is a public company, and we provide RSU for our employees. We have a head office in Montreal, Canada and have recently opened offices in Tbilisi and Yerevan. We also have more than 25 offices all over the world, from France to New Zealand.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.