Lightspeed is growing quickly and we’re looking for a great colleague who is also a passionate Analytics developer to join our Corporate Data Team. The primary role for this position is to build data pipelines that will provide insight to our corporate stakeholders.
If you have worked on data pipeline, can use SQL language to order your food at the restaurant and you’re proficient in data modelling, you’re a natural-born problem-solver and always willing to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, this might be the role for you.
What you'll do:
● Cleanse and transform raw data into business logic to help stakeholders build reports, and ensure the right data gets to the right people at the right time
● Collaborate with data engineers, data analysts and data architects, to design and feed proper data models for downstream usage.
● Act as a champion for data quality and usability across the organization
● Ensure availability, quality, searchability of the data and documentation
● Write, clean, and maintain SQL/Python queries/scripts that are easy to understand,
simple to troubleshoot and are highly performing with proper test implementation
● Automate the testing of our data models and monitor their quality
● Provide technical leadership on data solutions that are forward looking
● Work with the team to continuously improve our data pipeline
● Adopt software engineering best practices, such as version control and design patterns
and teach others to adopt these best practices;
● Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best
practices for a high-scale data infrastructure
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
● Proficient skills with SQL;
● Experience working in Python for analytics and scripting;
● Experience with MPP data warehouse (we use BigQuery)
● Experience in performing data profiling, data mapping, and data quality validation.
● Experience with data orchestrator (we use cloud composer)
● A good understanding of industry-standard design patterns for data warehouse data
● Experience with cloud environments (in particular GCP) as well as containerization
solutions as a user
● Experience with source control using Git or equivalent, CI/CD pipelining, and writing
automated unit and functional tests
● A security mindset - should be able to understand compliances (GDPR, SOX, ...)
● Excellent communication skills
● Keen interest in learning more about programming, modern data stack and data engineering.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
● Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
● Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
● Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
... and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
● Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
● Unlimited paid time off policy
● Flexible working policy
● Health insurance
● Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
● Paid leave and assistance for new parents
● Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
● LinkedIn Learning license
● Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.