Hi there, Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well... you might just be in the right place!
As the Developer Manager within Lightspeed’s world-class Information Systems team, your role will be key on the evolution of our technical platforms. Our teams are working towards developing optimized, scalable and easy-to-use environments to improve efficiency across the business and achieve organizational excellence.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a development team with a variety of focuses such as CRM(Salesforce, Hubspot..), and ERP(Netsuite, Zoura..). We’re looking for someone who enjoys making both people and businesses grow through their coaching and technical skills; a skilled leader and inspiring mentor.
For this role, you should be located in Canada (Toronto or Montreal), and be able to work within EST/EDT hours in a flexible hybrid working model.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering small and medium sized businesses. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will lead and coach a cross-functional and agile team that contribute to building Lightspeed’s information systems
- Guide, motivate, and grow your team of approximately 10 skilled full-stack development squad, responsible for various platforms and complex business problems. Collaborating hand-in-hand with Architects and Product Managers to appropriately deploy resources to projects
- Ensuring successful project delivery through rigorous management of capacity and team throughput
- Maintaining the highest standards of quality within the team by establishing ideal practices and success-oriented behaviors
- Constantly identifying opportunities for improvement while inspiring change within the team
- Ensuring that the team’s career objectives are identified, skills are developed, and ultimately that progress towards those goals is realized
- Participating in daily agile ceremonies while sharing new ideas and perspectives based on knowledge and experience
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience leading a team or a group working on a software product, ideally information systems
- Extensive experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Mulesoft and Netsuite
- Extensive experience developing reliable and highly available software
- Experience mentoring or coaching team members in technical landscapes
- Experience designing, architecting and delivering internal tools and business processes
- Experience delivering SAAS products and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to inspire change and lead by example
- Ability to manage quality and velocity of technical teams effectively
- Ability to foster and create a culture of open feedback
- Ability to influence change and anticipate outcomes
- A resilient and solution-oriented mindset
- Experience working in a fast-growing environment with mergers and acquisitions
*Unsure if you tick all of the boxes? We recognize that success comes from different backgrounds - apply anyways!
What’s in it for you:
- An autonomous setting, flexible work culture and a great remote work policy
- Innovation time to explore and learn at work
- Shaping the company by joining cultural & technical committees
- Tons of growth opportunities
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family - a true Canadian tech success story
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.