You will be part of the Finance team and be reporting to the Senior Collections Manager. As a Collections Specialist, you will hold a customer-facing role and will primarily be responsible for contacting our customers with overdue account balances. If you love talking to customers, are familiar with accounting practices and can remain friendly, calm and authoritative, then this is the job for you!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Posting payments in clients’ accounts (between 2hours and 5 hours a day)
- Follow-up payments reconciliation
- Manage a collection client portfolio between 250 to 500 accounts
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Resolving client-billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner
- Collecting customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Maintaining accurate and complete notes of conversations with delinquent customers in order to facilitate further collection activity
- Identifying issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management and with Sales Rep
- Setting up and documenting payment arrangements with debtors
- Providing timely follow-up on payment arrangements
- Identifying, preparing and forwarding accounts to the appropriate collection agencies
- Interacting with collection agencies through on-going communication to resolve delinquent accounts
- Meeting monthly recovery targets
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 1-2 years of experience in a collections position or customer facing role
- Strong English and Dutch communication skills (oral/written)
Who you are
- Someone who is able to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment
- You are self-motivated, and you possess strong organizational skills
- A problem solver with an analytical mind
- A strong critical thinker and skilled negotiator
- Detail oriented and have an eye for accuracy
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Knowledge of Mac OS X
- Proficiency in any accounting system
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible and fun work culture
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- A chance to be a part of an operations team building the foundations of a global payments business
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.