Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us lead, mentor and grow a high-performing software development team while cultivating an inclusive environment that inspires them to do the best work of their career-to-date.
As an engineering manager at Lightspeed your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Lightspeed. You also lead the delivery of the team, enabling productive and sustainable ways-of-working while focusing on the most important things that bring long term business value.
As a lead for strong engineers in our software development department, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will also have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
If you are inspired by interesting technical challenges, working on solutions that really matter and strive for excellence within our distributed workforce, then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Drive development of scalable and maintainable architectures
- Engender trust as lead and partner of development team
- Work closely with other teams, architects, product managers and the engineering leaders to align on approach and priorities
- Guide, motivate, and grow your team of senior developers as they solve complex business problems
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
Who you are
- Experience leading a team of developers through successful software projects
- Strong experience delivering and managing horizontally scalable systems in production;
- Advanced skills in Java with ideally one other backend language (Python, Ruby)
- Hands-on knowledge of major cloud services like AWS, GCP and Azure
- Professional experience with relational datastores
- A good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Curiosity and passion for diving into stimulating challenges
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to provide coaching, mentoring and context to team members
Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Interest in eCommerce and POS systems
- Frontend experience in ReactJS and NextJS
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
What's in it for you?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture with the option of working remotely or from one of our offices
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.