As part of the Finance team, you will join the Financial Reporting team and act as a key player in the quarterly and annual financial reporting process. You will work on technical accounting analyses, as well as participate in various ad hoc projects throughout the organization.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, you will assist in the preparation of quarterly/annual financial reports (Financial Statements, MD&A, Earnings Release, Conference Calls, Investor Deck) as well as ensuring consistency across these reports
- Preparation of the various analyses supporting the financial statements
- Producing accounting analyses in line with IFRS, in areas such as IFRS 15 & 16, business acquisitions, share based payments, financing transactions and various other topics
- Participating in the internal and external audit process
- Improving the implementation of Workiva and Leasequery and acting as a champion of both platforms
- Participating in special projects (internal controls, acquisitions, process improvements, providing technical accounting trainings)
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- CPA or in process of obtaining a CPA designation
- At least 3 years of experience as an auditor, accountant or finance professional
- Robust knowledge on application of IFRS technical accounting
- Strong financial reporting knowledge
- Passionate towards technical accounting with a desire to improve knowledge
- Experience in situations that require significant attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and spoken English
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with Workiva, Netsuite, and/or Leasequery
- Experience in a high growth, technology company
- Excellent written and spoken French
Who you are
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented, able to multitask and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- You have an interest in strengthening your knowledge in technical accountancy and keeping up with the latest developments in accounting and financial reporting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple projects at a time, meet deadlines and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- You have great analytical skills, and professional judgment
- You have a desire to take ownership
- You have a team-oriented personality with the ability to work independently
What’s in it for you
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- You will be able to advance your career by developing both interpersonal skills and gaining experience in a high growth industry
- Constant development of your financial skill-set and business knowledge with tons of growth opportunities
- Be part of a hard-working team who has great chemistry both inside and outside the office and is looking for someone to add to this dynamic environment
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity incentive plan (RSUs) - we are all owners!
- Lightspeed PX (People Experience) - choose where you work!
- Unlimited paid time off policy (FPTO)
- Immediate access to health insurance
- Employer RRSP contribution (Canada)
- Paid parental leave top-up program
- Access to virtual healthcare services via app
- Access to virtual mental health services via app
- Health and wellness credit of $500 per year
- Laptop and other IT equipment provided
- Employee referral program
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Paid volunteer day
- Transit benefit (certain locations apply)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.