Lightspeed is looking to welcome a full-time Manager, Accounts Receivable to manage the full-cycle accounts receivable process, monitor different clients' aging, identify problematic accounts, cash application activities and facilitate timely collections. Will also sustain cash flow through diligent and aggressive monitoring of our customer accounts. The Accounts Receivable Manager will also learn, maintain and improve multiple CRM's to oversee the migration of these CRM’s. Report to the Financial Controller, Shared Services This is your chance to join a thriving team in a high impact and high visibility role, while learning about the Software, Payments, and Financial Services industry. This role is based in Montreal and the successful candidate must be fully bilingual (english and french).
What you’ll be responsible for:
As the Manager, Account Receivable you will collaborate with multiple business units in order to execute the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise all collections and assist in collection and in reconciliation
- Balance the ages of accounts and inter-companies.
- Follow up and collect certain accounts receivable
- Present and Deliver Monthly Collection targets
- Support, motivate, develop, and manage the performance of the accounts receivable team to achieve goals
- Management, training, and development of team members
- Manage day-to-day operations, including cash request, collection processes, refunds, AR comp
- Learn and manage training and rapid integration of new acquisitions.
- Manage guideline, workflow, and exceptions
- Collaborate with CS, support and sales teams
- Collaborate and manage new projects relating to the accounts receivable management department
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Ensure the accuracy of the data when closing the end of the month or projects.
- Monitoring of the Resellers & interco collection
- Manage accounts sent to 3rd party collection
- Improve, if necessary, the processes in place for the management of accounts receivable
- Implement new processes and improvements to maximize service efficiency
- Collaborate and respond to requests from other departments
- Produce various reports and manage on monthly basis (clawback’s, write-off, Chargebacks, refunds)
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- At least 10+ years of experience in Collection
- Advanced knowledge of Excel an asset
- Organized and comfortable balancing multiple competing projects
- At least 5 years + of experience in management
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative
- Ability to handle a high volume of changes
- Excellent English and French communication skills
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce and Looker, Gsuite
- Experience in Software, Payments, or Financial Services industry
- Excellent written and spoken French and English
- Experience acquisition/migration
Who you are
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic person who displays interpersonal skills and works very well in teams in different countries and time zones
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set from industry-leaders in finance and technology, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your financial skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
- Work hard-play hard! Join a dynamic, hard-working team who knows how to celebrate our achievements
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Immediate access to health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid parental leave top-up program
- Virtual telemedicine and mental health resources
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Paid volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.