Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer to join our team. Within the Security team, you will improve the robustness of our security engineering practices, tools and product while building a healthy security culture across Lightspeed.
The Security team at Lightspeed is responsible for shepherding Lightspeed’s approach to all aspects of Trust & security. Our mission is to cultivate trust with people by keeping their data and systems resilient to threats. As a Senior InfoSec Engineer, you will play a key part in Lightspeed’s continued efforts to cultivate that trust with our staff, retailers and consumers around the world. In this role, you will need to stay on top of the latest threats, technologies and trends that are relevant to us in order to keep our data and systems resilient to threats.
- Implementing and maintaining security solutions to better protect the organization.
- Ingest and parse security events from multiple sources.
- Improve detection workflows with automation and alert enrichments.
- Develop, apply, and refine/tune threat detection rules
- Develop and automate incident response playbooks.
- Analyze data from disparate sources, correlating noise into security events.
- Write detection rules to identify threats specific to our environment.
- Share knowledge and experience with peer teams.
- Develop, document and implement processes for operationalization of security services.
- Maintain and deliver metrics for measurable results and continuous improvements.
- Participate and assist in investigating and responding to an incident.
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions.
- Participate in PoC’s and tool evaluations.
What you need to bring:
- Enthusiasm for staying up to date with the very latest updates about security threats and solutions.
- Expertise across a variety of security products including but not limited to SIEM, Log Management, Security Data Lake, SOAR, Threat Intelligence.
- Engineering/Builder/Problem Solver mindset
- Development and scripting experience for automation. (Python, Bash)
- Strong technical experience in cloud technologies, log collection best practice within various environments. (AWS and GCP)
- Experience working closely with architects and Engineering groups.
What’s in for you?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Full suite of benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.