Technical Partner Specialist
As part of the API team, you will be providing support to third-party developers who are looking to build the next great app for the Lightspeed platform. We are looking for someone who loves solving tough technical problems to join our team and work closely with our Development and Support teams. The API Support Specialist must possess the ability to explain products, features, and functions with technical accuracy and simplicity. The API Support Specialist must also have the technical skills and aptitude to answer complex questions, troubleshoot issues, and solve tough problems.
What you’ll do:
- Handle emails from Lightspeed Partners about API integrations and functionality.
- Document and track issues and resolutions.
- Work with Product, Development, and Support teams to continuously improve our products and knowledge.
- Monitor, moderate, and participate in our API developer forum.
- Develop and maintain tools used by third-party developers.
- Utilize consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of developer issues and provide prompt and appropriate solutions.
- Communicate with staff members regarding current and ongoing customer and product issues.
- Work with third-party developers and the Partnership team to determine if an application will function with the Lightspeed platform.
What you'll be bringing to the team:
- 2+ years experience in a technical role that puts you in direct contact with customers.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Curiosity, and a desire to learn new things in order to solve complex problems.
- Strong technical troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An ability to think in solutions and keep in mind the needs of our customers, the partner, and the market.
- Ability to understand new technologies and systems quickly.
- A can-do attitude and positive energy to fit this vibrant team.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Server-side web application development experience with Python, PHP, or Ruby
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.