Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for talented Software Developers to join our high-performing team. You will help to deliver new features and functionality in order to stay ahead of the game, delivering our customers exactly what they’re after (before they even know they need it).
You’ll work alongside other brilliant developers to craft robust systems and beautiful interfaces. The ideal candidate for this role is solutions-focused and will be part of a small focused agile product squad, with the opportunity to contribute ideas and shape features from the early conception right through to delivery. We're growing and disrupting quickly as a company, and as part of that growth we have some unique and interesting challenges to solve, both from a technical and business opportunity standpoint.
What you’ll be doing:
You'll have the opportunity to work on different areas of multiple products depending on your skillset and preference. We have a game changing roadmap of current and new products and projects in the pipeline with many exciting development opportunities such as:
- Working on our flagship Hospitality platform and services in Java, including maintaining and improving the existing application as well as implementing new features and integrations.
- Building new microservices using NodeJs and Typescript while leveraging AWS suite of services
- Creating microfrontends using React or potentially newer frontend frameworks such as Svelte
- Work with big data on reporting for our customers while utilising Machine Learning
- Native application development using React Native
- API development and integrations with the Lightspeed platform
What you need to bring:
We work with big data and mission critical high concurrency as our customers are always connected so we need to ensure the solutions we build are scalable, stable, testable and easily maintainable.
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- Experience as a Software Developer including both successes and failures (“scars”), which help you make better decisions
- Experience in multiple ecosystem frameworks to build Microservices
- Experience with design patterns such as OOD, MVC and SOLID principles
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Dog-friendly environment
- Full self-service cafe and fully stocked fridge of different craft beers
- Awesome office space located in Chippendale, NSW
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.