Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
*Please note that we are looking for someone completely bilingual in both French and English*
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a People Business Partner to join our growing People and Culture team in North America. Your focus will be to build strong relationships and deliver a people strategy within a dedicated function in North-America.
As the People Business Partner, you will be the main contact for all people-related projects and will partner with People and Culture colleagues, key stakeholders and leaders to deliver on a strategic people plan in line with the needs and priorities of our growing teams.
You are a proactive communicator, change agent and can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide strategic leadership to leaders, key stakeholders and People & Culture team to deliver on the needs and priorities of our growing teams
- Act as a trusted advisor and coach leadership to enhance their effectiveness within your client groups
- Be the first line of contact in People & Culture for any employee relations’ issues
- Drive proactive conversations with business leaders in a predictable way around People data for their respective client groups
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders on employee related initiatives and provide thought-leadership in areas such as Career Development, Talent Development/Management, Employee Engagement, Compensation, etc.
- Lead special projects as required by the client groups or P&C team
- Partner with functional leaders to drive organizational design activities (succession planning, talent development, workforce planning)
- Be the subject matter expert for the team on everything USA specific (Labour laws, FMLA, best practices)
What you bring to the team:
We’re a team of approximately 100 unique individuals located in Canada, all across Europe, and APAC. Our team is responsible for making it human and supporting our people all along the way.
- Fully bilingual in both English and French
- Extensive experience in an HR Generalist and People Business Partner function within a software technology company
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related discipline
- Experience working on large, global and complex projects that span across the organization
- Superb communication (oral, written and presentation), coaching and influencing skills with a proven track record of building credibility with leaders, having difficult conversations and providing continuous feedback
- Knowledge of US labour regulations
- In depth experience in Employee Relations and complex employment legislation in Canada and US
- Keen interest and involvement in the Diversity, equity and inclusion space and driving employee engagement
- Exceptional relationship building skills and able to quickly build rapport with various types of personalities and executive leadership team
- Out of the box thinker with a strong desire to bring in metrics and insights to the conversation
- You love alternating between strategy and tactical execution
Even better if you have, but not required:
- Experience working in a global, fast-paced, high growth technology organization
- Experience leading a team
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance as of day one
- RRSP employer contribution
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid and flexible parental leave for new parents
- Virtual healthcare and mental health platform with a wide range of services
- Learning and development opportunities, including LinkedIn Learning license
- Employee technology purchase program
- Paid volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.