Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
As part of Lightspeed’s Support team, you will be the first point of contact with our customers, and therefore you will be dealing with a wide variety of requests. This in turn allows you to work closely with multiple different teams at Lightspeed. We believe that customer support is more than just providing answers to our customers' questions, so together with the team you also focus on constantly improving our product.
The Support Team is seeking a customer service-oriented individual to provide full-time technical assistance for our Point of Sale products. This position is for an experienced computer user with a strong background in customer service in a technical support role.
We’d like you to share your ideas on how we can innovate or improve our business to ensure the best customer experience and support our customers in their success.
Our customers' success is our success.
Responsibilities and Tasks
As a Support Specialist III you will (listed in order of priority):
- Address and resolve critical/high priority customer issues on the spot when on duty.
- Be approachable by Support Specialist I and support specialist II agents to assist them with their questions and help them in troubleshooting customer issues so that they can quickly continue helping the customer;
- Handle a wide range of technical escalation cases and outbound follow-ups;
- Help manage the the Escalated ticket queues;
- Provide a resolution to escalated cases within a timely manner by phone and email
- Identify and suggest product enhancements and new features, and help with maintaining a prioritized list;
- Write bug reports following existing standards, and help junior team members with their reports;
- Participate in initiatives that improve how work is done in their team(e.g. Brainstorming new procedures and workflows, suggesting new macros, etc);
- Collaborate across the organization in order to understand customer issues and drive them towards resolution;
- Assist in training Support Specialist agents (New hire training and continuous training );
- Collaborate with the product team to communicate and follow up on product updates, enhancements, fixes and releases.
- Properly document resources to guide and assist the Support team (Documentation/Confluence);
- Collaborate with the Team Lead and participate in initiatives that improve how work is done within the team e.g. Brainstorming new procedures and workflows, providing feedback to support specialists, suggesting new macros, etc);
- Assist Team and Tech leads with day to day tasks and resource management. You will be a link between Team Lead and Support Specialist agents;
- Collaborate across the organization in order to advocate customer issues and find appropriate solutions;
To become a Support Specialist III you have:
- Experience in customer service, ideally in a technical environment;
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on customer service;
- Proficient knowledge in using and navigating around with Mac OS and iPad (iOS) systems.
- The ability to effectively resolve all common questions and issues about the supported product;
- Proven troubleshooting skills and techniques to efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution;
- General knowledge of Lightspeed’s customer journey and processes within Support;
- To take on responsibilities and be an example for the support specialist team;
- The ability to prioritize and manage job tasks with little guidance;
- Excellent soft-skills and ability to effectively communicate and transfer knowledge to team members;
- The ability to incorporate new shortcuts, workflows and tips in order to improve productivity;
- Master various troubleshooting techniques to quickly identify issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution;
- Extensive knowledge of the most commonly used features in the product supported;
- Good knowledge of all less commonly used product features;
- Good knowledge of the relevant industry;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English language;
- Good knowledge of integrated Lightspeed products;
- General knowledge of Lightspeed's complete product offering;
- Ability to work through difficult conversations with customers and de-escalate the situation at hand;
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a way that is understandable and courteous to the listener;
- Ability to anticipate customer questions in order to address them proactively
Not an essential requirement but a big plus:
- Communication skills in the French language
- Experience in the hospitality industry (bars and restaurants)
- Previous knowledge and experience in hospitality POS Systems
- Knowledge in networking
- Knowledge in Linux commands
Our office is closed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and when we do choose to reopen, it will be done following government guidelines ensuring the safety of all our staff.
What’s in it for you?
- You can expect exciting and diversified tasks as well as a wide range of possibilities in an experienced and international team;
- A healthy balance between professional work and existing structures and a good work-life balance;
- We support you in your personal development and offer you the necessary space through a dynamic environment.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.