Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our EMEA Market Fit or Core Product & Customer Delight squad in Europe. You will be working as part of our Hospitality product organization used by customers all over the world.
You’ll be focussing on Europe and global markets where you’ll be responsible for maintaining and improving the existing application as well as implementing new features and integrations to ensure our customers satisfaction in these markets.
As a Java developer you’ll work closely together with our Product Managers, Developers and our Support team in order to provide tailored and innovative solutions for the market.
For this role, we can hire anywhere in Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, France, Belgium and the UK. It is possible to work in office, hybrid or in a full remote setup.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Senior level experience in the Java ecosystem
- Spring Boot or equivalent
- Maven (or Gradle)
- Mockito, Junit, Spock, Cucumber
- Hibernate or other ORM
- Running Java container in the cloud
- CI/CD one of (Jenkins, Travis, Teamcity, CircleCi or others)
- Experience analyzing production problems, incidents and performance issues.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in multiple Java ecosystem frameworks to build Microservices.
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests with one of the frameworks: Selenium, Appium, Boozang
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
Who you are
- You are a team-player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your own experience.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- You are always seeking improvement and progress.
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes.
What is in for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.