Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
#WeAreHiring: Do you want to work on high-profile projects with a group of smart minds who innovate constantly and empower teams to achieve more together? Come join us.
We’re part of a team of 50 people located around the globe responsible for supporting the rest of the organization in cross-cutting concerns, such as cloud infrastructure, reliability and incident management, data warehousing and analytics, cost transparency and efficiency, and much more.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer part of our Cloud Platform team, you'll be supporting Lightspeed's growing Dev teams with the infrastructure and tools needed to continue scaling. You will build and support multi-region infrastructures and networks, and help run our products in a reliable, efficient and secure manner by implementing, advising and advocating the well-known DevOps principles.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Initiating and contributing to the continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices in a multi-location, multidisciplinary team to empower and accelerate product development
- Using automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Contributing to the development of CI/CD pipeline that adheres to performance and security standards defined by the organization, emphasizing cloud platform integration and self-service workflows
- Assisting with infrastructure and tooling hardening to meet business and compliance requirements Designing and architecting operational solutions with the specific goal of increasing the standardization, automation, repeatability, cost-efficiency and consistency of operational tasks
- Working with developers and other SRE to design and build scalable, reliable and cost-efficient Cloud infrastructure
- Writing and maintaining architectural, stakeholder, policy and processes documentation
- Adhering to and advocating for best practices, including Infrastructure as Code, monitoring, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and DevOps methodologies
- Collaborating with development teams and using intuition, experience, and understanding to create SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs
- Providing timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (You will be part of an on-call rotation)
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 7+ years of experience in production environment
- Experience delivering scalable CI/CD solutions to organizations
- Good knowledge of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices, software engineering tools, processes, methods, and testing
- Strong knowledge of Cloud networking technologies
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Linux Systems and databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting tools (Datadog, Prometheus, etc…)
Who you are:
- You are a problem solvers who does not shy away from tackling complexity and critical thinking
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of your comfort zone
- You have great energy and passion for technology
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and let’s have a chat!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the option of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.