Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
As a Senior React/ React Native Developer you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our Cloud POS. You will join a healthy and collaborative team, continuously improving our engineering practices, delivering state of the art technology, all while keeping it fun. Above all, work will change the way the world experiences hospitality!
What you'll do
- Share knowledge, evangelize standard methodologies, and collaborate with some of Lightspeed’s best engineers
- Help set the standard for software quality by adopting modern software test frameworks and practices in day to day development
- Diagnose performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations
- Make solid technical decisions keeping software quality, security, and maintainability in mind
- Lead effort estimation sessions and use sound judgment to enable planning of projects
Who you are
- 3+ years of practical experience in professional frontend development, with an emphasis on React/ React Native applications. Understanding of CI/CD systems
- Knowledge of connectivity considerations for mobile applications
- Demonstrated experience creating unit and automated UI tests
- Understanding of object oriented design, functional programming and refactoring
- You care about user experience and have experience collaborating with multi-functional partners (e.g. product, design, user research) to build responsive, intuitive applications
- Excellent spoken and written English
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, welcoming and supportive work culture and flexible time-off
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.