Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you dream of an opportunity to be creative and have an impact on the lives of thousands of SMBs worldwide? If so… keep reading!
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our B2B Network Team. As a leading technical member of this team, you will be responsible for designing simplified solutions that will change how our customers do business.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. More specifically, we are a team of 6 people located across Northern Ireland and Canada, who are working together to make product procurement more accessible for SMBs. Please join us in building up our communities!
What are you going to do?
- Work closely with the B2B Network Product Team to rapidly iterate on features
- Participate in code reviews, peer support and architecture
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies to ensure we are always using the best practices
- Grow as a developer through peer mentorship and collaboration
What do you need to bring?
We're looking for a Senior Software Developer who has experience with the following:
- Significant experience developing user facing applications
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Excellent communication skills
- Either experience in, or an interest in working with node.js, golang, and react.js
- Have worked in an agile environment in the past
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What would be great to have?
- Experience working in Golang
- Experience working with node.js
- Experience in microservice architectures
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka)
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) datastores
- Practical understanding of HTML, CSS (SASS or equivalent)
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Experience building responsive websites
- Experience using JS libraries/tools such as React.js, Node.js
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Private Health Care
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of £400 per year
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.