Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market out? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Quality Test Developer to join our Hospitality team. You will play a key role in building and solidifying our product testing, acceptance testing and test case design strategies, as well as coordinating defect management as part of the wider Lightspeed product team.
You will have a chance to make an impact in a growing part of the business from day one, and work with some of the most innovative people in the company.
What you will be doing:
- You will play a key role in the efforts to keep our internal systems’ quality to the highest standards, making sure your colleagues have the best business processes and the most reliable systems
- You will take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- You will collaborate with product managers, developers, quality specialists and designers
- You will act as an advocate for maintaining the highest code quality and ownership, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- You will proactively share knowledge and best practices, and strive for process improvements where applicable
Who you are:
- You are a problem solver that does not shy away from tackling complexity, and a critical thinker who raises the bar and elevates their teammates to new heights
- You believe that quality is a mindset, not a job description
- You are highly analytical, with great problem-solving skills
- You have a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- You are willing to learn new methodologies and frameworks
What you need to bring:
- Experience developing automated test scripts in Python or similar
- Proven track record on automation test design, planning, execution, analysis, automation script maintenance, issue escalation and release decisions
- Experience with Selenium or Playwright, API testing and web technologies in general
- Experience with developing automation test frameworks for Back End and Front End applications
- Experience with Bash, Docker, MySQL
Nice to have, but not necessary
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with both functional and non-functional testing (e.g. performance & security testing)
- Experience with testing complex database systems
- Hands-on experience with scalability, performance, and load testing of cloud-based systems
- Experience with payment processing systems
- Experience in mobile automation testing
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and tools (AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes)
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and option of full remote work
- Fantastic growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Development of high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
…. And enjoy a range of benefits that will keep you happy and healthy
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of €400 per year
- 6 months paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.