Are you ambitious? Do you want to be part of an international company with fast growth? Do you get excited about the opportunity to talk with entrepreneurs? Do you want to learn how to properly seal the deal? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for the best sales people to contribute and impact our success and that starts with you! As an intern for the Strategic accounts department, you will be joining an ambitious sales driven team based in Amsterdam. You will learn alongside fellow Lightspeeders who are trusted consultants for entrepreneurs in E-commerce, Hospitality and Retail by reviewing and reaching out to prospects and also help with the flow between the different Midmarket departments.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Helping out with campaigns: Follow up progress, processing deals and making presentations
- Prospecting and identifying new business to help expand the sales pipelines, primarily through telephone and email communication;
- Acquiring, processing and reformatting prospect data to generate valuable insights;
- Exploring and researching the industry to identify market trends;
- Developing product knowledge and expertise relevant to the industry;
- Representing Lightspeed at tradeshows and events;
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
- Other administrative work
You bring to the team:
- Your soon to be finished bachelor’s degree in marketing or business, or any related fields;
- full professional fluency in English and Dutch;
- passion for people and technology.
What is in it for you?
You'll be part of a rapidly growing, market-competitive company where communicating with potential clients to boost the business was never such fun. We stand strong with our mission to make businesses grow. At the end of your internship you will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Product knowledge;
- Industry knowledge;
- B2B communication and sales;
- Working with data;
- Working with a CRM;
- Working in an international environment;
- How to be customer-facing and representative.
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An international environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
- The ability to do the internship fully remote and still get all the guidance and support from our amazing teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.