Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Intermediate to Senior Data Analyst to join our Corporate Data Team. By analyzing and optimizing operational data, you'll accelerate and improve our ability to make decisions by ensuring we have access to timely and accurate information. If you love digging into the root causes of problems, finding patterns, and working with multiple teams, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- 5+ years of experience in gathering requirements and translating business problems into structured quantitative problems
- Directly work with functional departments to draw out business insights from the analytical output, derive business recommendations, and present them through compelling data stories and visualizations
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders and team members to design accurate and relevant datasets, reports, dashboards, and analysis for operational and strategic initiatives
- Perform data reconciliation/manipulation tasks and identify opportunities for automation and integrity/consistency checks
- Apply and promote data governance rules by coaching stakeholders on the discovery, access, and utilization of data assets
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Advanced SQL skills (Asset: Experience with BigQuery and GCP).
- Ability to write complex set of SQL queries in order to extract and analyze big, multi dimensional datasets.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into data requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Looker or other BI tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Strong expertise with data analysis
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRMs
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with Python, R or other programming language
- Professional experience in a Business Analyst or Data Analyst role
- Interest in technology
Who you are
- Ability to multitask
- Great at understanding business context
- Willingness to learn new data systems.
- Ability to take directions and to communicate issues.
- Ability to work independently
- Great attention to data accuracy and integrity
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills
What’s in it for you
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Join a recently created data team and help us move to the next level
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your data skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Innovation time to explore and learn at work
- Shaping the company by joining cultural & technical committees
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
…. And enjoy a range of benefits that will keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry.
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners).
- Unlimited paid time off policy.
- Health insurance.
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year.
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents.
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services.
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.