Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for an energetic Sales Representative to join our Lightspeed Hospitality team based in Melbourne, with experience in the hospitality industry, and who will not be afraid of a fast-paced, customer-focused field sales role.
You will work with our customers to identify ways that they could grow their business through better use of data on their customers, menu, and service staff. In order to do this effectively you must maintain in-depth industry knowledge including marketplace conditions, and competitor positioning in your geographic area. Each month you will drive the sales cycle from creating leads, to demonstrations, to closing deals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be an expert in the industry, the product, and our restaurateurs;
- Carrying out a full sales cycle which includes identifying and developing leads, setting up meetings with your clients, creating value propositions, structuring financial deals, negotiating contracts, and closing deals;
- Close business consistently - Grasp growth and go above quota;
- Conducting discovery calls and visits with customers to identify their business challenges
- Successfully running online and in-person demonstrations of Lightspeed with restaurateurs
- Maintaining up-to-date records within Lightspeed’s CRM solution
- Processing sales quotes and orders in an accurate manner
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- Proven experience in a hospitality sales role (with closing/quota carrying experience)
- Familiarity and proficiency with full lifecycle sales process management
- Ability to generate leads and utilise hospitality network to drive new business
- Understanding of solution-based consultative sales in a face-to-face environment
- Professional poise and confidence while communicating with executives
- Committed to a culture of positivity and high performance
- You value feedback, and thrive on constant improvement and learning
- Strong work ethic, and a self-driven desire to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks
- Awesome office space located in Southbank, VIC
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!