As a Backend Software Developer you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our Cloud POS. You will join our global team of developers to use cutting edge technologies to help restaurant owners to provide the best experience to their customers. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities! For this role, you can be located in Switzerland.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Creating and extending functionality of our products by contributing to our microservice-based platform
- Developing clean and maintainable code
- Extending our continuous integration / continuous deployment environment
- Working as part of a team (squad) to deliver product features and functionality where you’ll need to work closely together with our Product Managers, Architects and Principal developers
- Analysing production problems, incidents and performance issues
- Extending your very own skills by learning from and growing with the team
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- Solid knowledge of the Java language and its ecosystem:
- Spring / Spring Boot framework or equivalent
- Other Spring projects
- Maven (or Gradle)
- Hibernate, DataNucleus or other ORM
- Testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spock, Cucumber
- CI/CD one of (CircleCi, Jenkins, Travis, Teamcity or others)
- Solid knowledge of software development patterns and best practices
- Basic knowledge of Web Application development and it’s concerns (Authentication, Authorisation, REST APIs, etc)
- Good knowledge of how to monitor and debug Java Web applications
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Kafka, MQTT, etc.)
- Experience with both relational (MySQL) and non-relational (Elasticsearch) databases
- Advanced knowledge of Microservices architecture and patterns
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with GraphQL and that ecosystem
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests with one of the frameworks: Selenium, Appium, Boozang
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Computer Sciences degree or equivalent
Who you are
- You are a team-player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your own experience.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- You are always seeking improvement and progress.
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes.
What is in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!