Lightship is the virtual-first provider that is perfecting the way clinical trials get done. Because clinical research plays such a vital role in bringing life-enhancing and lifesaving innovations to market, Lightship pursues operational excellence to clinical studies. Our end-to-end hybrid delivery model, our diversity of skillsets, and inhouse care team ensure sponsor success and the best possible patient experience. With a problem-solving mindset, we strive to make every clinical trial better than the last. Operational excellence is not a goal, but a way of doing things at Lightship.
Lightship is seeking an individual with experience developing and implementing marketing strategies in healthcare to join our team as a Vice President of Marketing. This individual will work in a key role to develop and strengthen Lightship’s brand and commercial marketing strategy by defining and developing short- and long-term marketing plans in partnership with stakeholders to ensure full optimization of our company purpose and business goals.
As a data-driven executive, this person will develop marketing campaigns across various platforms and use research to develop, implement, and then measure the effectiveness and impact of these strategies. They will responsible for building and leading the commercial marketing team to maintain a solid understanding of relevant markets, define Lightship commercial strategies, and drive awareness and demand. This person will be inspired and driven by Lightship’s purpose to increase patient access to clinical trials, and subsequently implement global marketing strategies that help realize this purpose. The candidate should be an experienced professional with in-depth understanding of growing commercial marketing and brand strategies in healthcare.
This position is remote, ideally based on the East Coast. A successful candidate will possess a willingness and desire to work independently without significant oversight. Additionally, this position has potential for moderate travel in post-pandemic conditions in the future – approximately 3-5 days per month.
We would like to offer you:
- An opportunity to help re-envision how clinical research is executed with inclusivity, increased diversity and accessible at the core
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically-oriented, collaborative team to support in the delivery of enterprise grade direct-to-patient clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow as part of an early stage startup with industry veterans, high-caliber investors, and a massive market opportunity
- Competitive compensation
Generous benefits package, including:
- Top notch healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), plus paid holidays and bereavement to help support work life balance.
- A 100% 401(k) company match for up to 4% of eligible contributions with an immediate vesting.
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short & long-term disability
- Life insurance and More!
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the leadership team to develop and execute Lightship marketing initiatives to drive market awareness, excitement and demand for our services
- Building a best-in-class and distinctive brand
- Building and leading a high-performing commercial marketing team
- Developing a strategic and tactical marketing plan, which uses the depth and breadth of Lightship’s services, clinical expertise and expansion capabilities to grow and retain key customer accounts
- In close collaboration with the CEO and Chief Client Officer, develop the brand image and messaging as well as PR plans
- Collaborate with functional areas to support varied marketing initiatives
- Defining message strategy and integrated communications plans to ensure consistency and positioning across customer accounts and the broader market
- Developing and maintain key marketing metrics to measure success
- Assessing promotional options, develop budget and future impact of promotional decisions (ROI) and allocate resources appropriately for maximum impact
- Identifying, selecting, and managing marketing agency and partner relationships
- Building organizational capabilities; attract, retain and grow talented leaders and the overall organization
- Proven success in building a brand and marketing strategy in an early-stage growth company
- Prior experience in a business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-business-to-consumer (B2B2C) marketing role, preferably with a background in healthcare and experience in other industries
- In depth knowledge of PR/AR strategies and managing agencies
- 10+ years of experience in marketing roles with management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA, preferred
- Experience creating, coordinating, and completing multiple strategic initiatives and tactical projects
- Excellent approach to working with marketing agencies and building a team
- Excellent business / industry awareness and a thorough understanding of industry trends and impact on the business
- Experience creating and presenting to key stakeholders, leadership and company boards
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and to communicate with various stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as team player, including complex, dynamic teams
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work simultaneously on multiple priorities, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the Law
Please note: For the safety of our patients and each other, all positions at Lightship that require travel, in-person participation, or are patient-facing, do require vaccination against COVID-19.
#jobs #careers #nowhiring #hiringnow