Lightship is the premier provider of enterprise level, technology enabled direct-to-patient clinical research. In this capacity, Lightship functions as a telemedicine-enabled site within a research study, which makes research participation possible for patients through the use of technology and home visits by our nurses.
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator is an energetic, independent, and compassionate individual, joining the Lightship team. This is a specialised role in clinical research that works directly with patients in our studies under the oversight of study investigators and clinical study lead to perform delegated clinical research activities.
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator works in a pivotal role ensuring the delivery of quality nursing care to patients primarily at their homes. The Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator will ensure accurate completion of study visits, procedures, assessments, and collection of information from study patients according to protocols and for protecting the health, safety, and wellbeing of patients. When study visits or procedures take place in patients’ homes, the Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator will make home visits to complete these procedures.
The Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator position will also be responsible for coordinating communication and activities among patients, investigators, primary healthcare provider, vendors, and other study personnel to prepare for and complete remote (via telemedicine) study visits, procedures, assessments, and other day-to-day activities related to study conduct.
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator will work with various Lightship business units as needed to develop and implement standard research processes to successfully complete technology-enabled Direct-to-Patient (DtP) clinical research.
This position is remote. A successful candidate will possess a willingness and desire to work independently without significant supervision. Additionally, this position will require moderate travel (approximately 70%).
We would like to offer you:
- An opportunity to help re-envision how clinical research is executed with inclusivity, increased diversity and accessible at the core
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically-oriented, collaborative team to support in the delivery of enterprise grade direct-to-patient clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow as part of an early stage startup with industry veterans, high-caliber investors, and a massive market opportunity
- Competitive compensation
Generous benefits package, including:
- Top notch private supplemental healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, effective on day one of employment.
- Holidays Policy (25 days), plus public bank holidays and bereavement to help support work life balance.
- Company sponsored group pension program w/ company contribution.
- Generous paid parental leave
- Group Life Cover
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator is responsible for:
- Assisting investigators, sub-investigators, and other Lightship personnel in successful implementation and conduct of research studies
Providing nursing care to study patients, which includes:
- Completing study visits with patients in home and, in some instances, in clinic settings per protocol requirements
- Ensuring compliance with each study’s protocol by providing thorough review and documentation at each patient visit
- Performing protocol defined procedures and assessments, including, but not limited to, vital signs, physical examinations, phlebotomyand electrocardiograms
- Processing and shipping blood samples (training can be provided)
- Administering investigational medications or providing patient education regarding administration, as necessary
- Notifying Principal Investigator of findings / issues / possible adverse events identified during the study visits
- Educating patients on study procedures; responding to patients’ questions in a compassionate and culturally- / age-appropriate manner; triaging patients’ questions to the appropriate study personnel
- Documenting study data in patient records (paper and electronic, as applicable) to capture protocol requirements
Coordinating / conducting study activities with patients and serving as the primary point of contact for patients, investigators, and study personnel, including:
- Completing pre-screening activities (e.g., phone screening) and other recruitment activities as approved by the HRA
- Participating in recruitment and selection of study patients by interviewing and documenting medical history / medication history per protocol requirements
- Coordinating research procedures and assessments; keeping track of all planned and completed study visits
- Organising patients’, investigators’, home health personnel’s, and any relevant vendors’ (e.g., drug management vendor) schedules to complete study visits within protocol windows
- Shipping materials to patients or home health personnel in preparation for study visits; collecting study materials after visits are completed
- Assisting investigators / sub-investigators / designated personnel in the informed consent process as requested and delegated
- Alerting investigators / sub-investigators / designated personnel when patients report potential adverse events
- Managing patients’ reimbursement payments per protocol and as specified in the consent form
Coordinating general study activities, including:
- Assisting with study start-up and close out activities
- Ordering study supplies, materials, and equipment
- Assisting patients, investigators, and study personnel in troubleshooting problems with supplies, equipment or vendors
- Successfully completing all Lightship and study-specific training; training peers as requested
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings as requested, including preparing meeting agendas, keeping minutes, and distributing minutes to relevant parties
- Participating in site qualification, initiation, and monitoring visits, as requested; assisting with external and internal audits, as requested
- Assisting with resolving budget questions related to patients’ activities
- Other study-related activities as assigned
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator has:
- Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentational
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to proactively identify and solve problems; demonstrated initiative is imperative
- Ability to start from scratch, execute quickly and accurately without pre-defined processes and protocols, and an interest in defining such processes for the future
- Calm and collected manner when working with patients, physicians, and other research professionals
- Exceptional ability to work as part of a team and to multitask effectively
- Ability to function independently in a technology-enabled clinical research setting
- Ability to self-monitor the collected data and resolving / correcting errors per Good Documentation Practices
- Understanding of clinical research and knowledge of ICH-Good Clinical Practice regulations
- Willingness to travel across multiple sites including during evenings and weekends
- Ability to exert frequent physical effort including bending, twisting, kneeling and manual handling of equipment
- Education and experience
- NMC level one registration
- Knowledge of nursing competency skills per scope of practice (i.e., performing vital signs, nursing assessments, performing ECGs administering injections, etc.)
- Phlebotomy skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology, drug calculation skills, and clinical medicine
- Two (2) years of recent clinical nursing experience in a hospital, clinic, or similar health care setting
- At least two (2) years of sponsored clinical research experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Personal vehicle for on the job transportation
- Bachelor of Nursing or another Science degree preferred, or requisite combination of education, training, and experience
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, health, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Please note: For the safety of our patients and each other, all positions at Lightship that require travel, in-person participation, or are patient-facing, may require vaccination against COVID-19.
#jobs #careers #nowhiring #hiringnow