Lightship is the premier provider of enterprise level, technology enabled decentralized clinical research services. In this capacity, Lightship makes research participation more accessible for everyone by functioning as a telemedicine-enabled clinical research site within a research study.
We are seeking an experienced leader to design and develop enterprise-class web sites and applications that will support our patients, investigators and home care professionals. You have a passion for leading the design, development and delivery of innovative web applications while working on team-based projects. You are excited about and dedicated to delivering high-quality applications in a dynamic and constructive environment. You are invigorated by new challenges, seek out new learning opportunities, lead from the front, challenge the status quo and build other team members through technical and professional mentorship.
This position is remote, and a successful candidate will possess a willingness and desire to work independently without significant oversight.
We would like to offer you:
- An opportunity to help re-envision how clinical research is executed with inclusivity, increased diversity and accessible at the core
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically-oriented, collaborative team to support in the delivery of enterprise grade direct-to-patient clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow as part of an early stage startup with industry veterans, high-caliber investors, and a massive market opportunity
- Competitive compensation
Generous benefits package, including:
- Top notch healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), plus paid holidays and bereavement to help support work life balance.
- A 100% 401(k) company match for up to 4% of eligible contributions with an immediate vesting.
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short & long-term disability
- Life insurance and More!
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, documenting, and developing world-class enterprise web sites and applications using the full spectrum of enterprise technologies and design patterns
- Collaborating with all stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Defining the scale and scope of projects, including logical and physical landscape requirements, and design, development, and deployment efforts
- Mentoring engineers in development best practices, design principles and advanced technologies
- Leading project teams through everyday project tasks
- Working with leadership on reviewing and learning new technologies and trends
We are excited to speak with someone who has:
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to design, develop and implement web sites and apps with features including but not limited to audio/video/text communication, in-app notification …
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented design patterns and best practices, Security/Performance, SaaS, REST, and Cloud Architecture (Heroku).
- Ability to think critically and solve problems with well thought-out solutions
- Proven experience leading development and/or project teams
- Experience with collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps CI/CD
- Strong communication skills
Education and experience
- 5+ years of experience developing React web applications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- A portfolio of code and/or apps to review
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the Law
Please note: For the safety of our patients and each other, all positions at Lightship that require travel, in-person participation, or are patient-facing, do require vaccination against COVID-19.
#jobs #careers #nowhiring #hiringnow