Lightship is the premier provider of enterprise level, direct-to-patient clinical research solutions. We engage patients at home, making participation in clinical research more accessible for everyone.
We are seeking an experienced automation manager with hands-on automation experience who has worked with enterprise-level SaaS software applications. The right person for this role has a strong attention to detail, drives to obtain a high level of quality, and strives to launch products with business-driven outcomes without compromising on standards of excellence.
This position requires experience testing a broad set of technologies such as Web Applications, REST APIs, Data transformations, SaaS services and supporting experiences. You must be a creative problem solver and have strong hands-on experience with automation frameworks and tools to efficiently deliver our software offerings to our customers.
This position may be located at our El Segundo, CA HQ or can be remote with occasional travel (<10%) to the Los Angeles area.
You will be responsible for:
- Standing up and maintaining Lightship’s test automation framework
- Developing automated tests and test frameworks for frontend and backend systems that enable scalability by removing manual processes
- Developing stable and reusable automation code that is easy to maintain and extend
- Integrate test automation with Lightship processes to create full SDLC automation
- Developing high quality functional, regression and end-to-end tests for Lightship applications
- Implement improvements to functional tests suites and automation in response to evolving requirements, industry standards, product design or project requirements
- Ensuring continuous delivery of high-quality, on-scope, performant products and features on compressed schedules
- Collaborating with project and application managers to define test plans and test case scripts based on business requirements and application software designs
- Utilizing deep understanding of SaaS applications and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation of Lightship applications
- Troubleshooting critical defects, which includes conducting root cause analysis to guide teams to defects resolution
- Manage multiple, concurrent, fast-pace projects with minimal supervision
- Raise quality issues with the QA and application developer teams in a timely manner
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
We are excited to speak with someone who has:
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and CD tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Travis
- Experience using or participating in open-source projects
- Experience performing web interface automation using tools like Selenium
- Experience with Git or other source control technologies
- Experience with collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with web services testing tools such as SoapUI, Postman
- Knowledge of industry tools like Selenium Webdriver, Java, Typescript, Objective C, TestNG, JUnit, Jest, Mocha, Appium, XCUITest
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service cloud-based vendor management
- Experience with Linux or UNIX systems and of container technologies like Docker or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
- Interest in testing and investigating how things work internally
- Ability to coordinate and help others solve difficult problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced project
- Knowledge of system development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Able to evaluate situations, apply critical thinking skills, and propose potential solutions
Education and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related engineering field, or relevant professional experience
- 5 or more years of experience with quality engineering including hands-on test automation experience
We would like to offer you:
- An opportunity to help re-envision how clinical research is executed and deliver high-quality research outputs
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically oriented, collaborative team to deliver enterprise grade direct-to-patient clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow as part of an early stage startup
- Competitive compensation including a performance bonus
- Generous benefits package including:
- Top notch healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, effective on day one of employment.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), plus paid holidays and bereavement to help support work life balance.
- A 100% 401(k) company match for up to 4% of eligible contributions with an immediate vesting.
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short & long-term disability
- Life insurance and More!
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the Law
#softwarequalityengineer #qualityengineer #jobs #careers #CSQE #QA