Lightship is the premier provider of enterprise level, direct-to-patient clinical research solutions. We engage patients at home, making participation in clinical research more accessible for everyone.
We are seeking an experienced leader to design and develop enterprise-class mobile applications that will support our patients, investigators and home care professionals. You have a passion for leading the design, development and delivery of innovative mobile applications while working on team-based projects. You are excited about and dedicated to delivering high-quality applications in a dynamic and constructive environment. You are invigorated by new challenges, seek out new learning opportunities, lead from the front, challenge the status quo and build other team members through technical and professional mentorship.
This is a remote position.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, documenting, and developing world-class enterprise applications using the full spectrum of enterprise technologies and design patterns
- Collaborating with all stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Defining the scale and scope of projects, including logical and physical landscape requirements, and design, development, and deployment efforts
- Mentoring engineers in development best practices, design principles and advanced technologies
- Leading project teams through everyday project tasks
- Working with leadership on reviewing and learning new technologies and trends
We are excited to speak with someone who has:
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to design, develop and implement iOS/Android mobile apps with features including but not limited to audio/video/text communication, in-app notification, location tracking, async/off-line operation, …
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented design patterns and best practices, Mobile Security/Performance, SaaS, REST, and Cloud Architecture (Heroku).
- Ability to think critically and solve problems with well thought-out solutions
- Proven experience leading development and/or project teams
- Experience with collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps CI/CD
- Strong communication skills
Education and experience
- 5+ years of experience developing React Native and/or Native iOS/Android mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- A portfolio of code and/or apps to review
We would like to offer you:
- A platform to develop your clinical research management skills
- An opportunity to help re-envision how clinical research is executed and deliver high-quality research outputs
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically oriented, collaborative team to deliver enterprise grade direct-to-patient clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow as part of an early stage startup
- Competitive compensation including a performance bonus
Generous benefits package including:
- Health, dental & vision that are effective on day one of employment
- 401K with company match
- Twelve-week maternity leave with 100% of salary
- Six-week parental leave with 100% of salary
- Short & long-term disability
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), plus holidays and bereavement leave
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fitness reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (retail, hotels, food, restaurants, car rentals, and much more)
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.