Lightship is the premier provider of enterprise level, direct-to-patient clinical research solutions. We engage patients at home, making participation in clinical research more accessible for everyone.
Lightship is seeking a candidate with proven experience in IT infrastructure management in a complex, customer-facing, regulated environment for the role of Director of IT Infrastructure & Support. This individual should possess a strong background in transforming IT infrastructure and have a history of moving an organization toward a mature cloud-based (AWS) service delivery model.
The hands-on role of Director/Sr Director of IT Infrastructure at Lightship will be responsible for defining and executing IT infrastructure strategy, direction, architecture, standards, and management to include disaster recovery, security, systems, servers, monitoring, performance, networks, and storage. This role must ensure reliable, 24x7 cloud-based IT and development operations.
This position will act as a liaison between Business / Clinical Operations and Software / Technology Development business units. This is a visible, strategic role tasked with building and maintaining a best in class IT Operations function that operates with a Cloud-first and DevOps mindset.
This position is remote, and a successful candidate will possess a willingness and desire to work independently without significant oversight.
You will be responsible for:
- Assessing the IT infrastructure and operations organization – people, processes, and technology – to determine best course to cloud-based IT operations, specifically, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Designing and implementing solutions towards a continuous deployment and continuous integration (CD/CI); implementing and managing a robust DevOps function
- Implementing and managing processes and controls that assure maximum uptime and quick service to the user community
- Managing and continually improving IT infrastructure and cloud & development operations
- Partnering with Lightship’s Quality / Regulatory to deliver on key information security and IT risk related initiatives
- Managing third-party vendor relationships and holding them accountable for delivery of outsourced functions, specifically, call center and network operations
- Developing and implementing a robust disaster recovery strategy for critical systems and infrastructure
- Assessing single points of failure in infrastructure and recommending actions as appropriate
- Overseeing the monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and administration of all IT systems, including applications, servers, storage, databases, desktops / laptops, and mobile devices
- Establishing service level agreements (SLAs) and operating level agreements in alignment with company objectives
- Designing, implementing, deploying, and managing systems / applications’ monitoring processes and tools to proactively identify and resolve problems within the company computing environment
- Negotiating and managing contracts with key service providers to ensure service levels are met; negotiating and managing enterprise contracts, specifically, AWS.
- Establishing standardized processes and key operational metrics based upon SDLC and ITIL/ITSM best practices
We are excited to speak with someone who has:
- Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to continue to optimize the cost of cloud-based workloads once they are moved to AWS as part of overall infrastructure cost optimization
- A solid understanding of Serverless architecture, API Gateway, Cloud Functions, and Cloud Data Warehouse like Redshift, Snowflake etc.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen necessary to develop and present data-based ideas and solutions in a clear, concise, and organized manner
- Knowledgeable across a broad set of infrastructure platforms (IOT hardware, windows OS, Mac OS, Linux OS, etc.)
- Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters in Computer Science, preferred
- Demonstrated experience transforming IT infrastructure and moving an organization toward a mature cloud-based (AWS) service delivery model
- Enterprise architecture skills, Serverless architecture, Cloud functions, Identity & Security
- A strong background in enterprise integrations using service bus, API Gateways etc.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure management in a complex, customer-facing regulated environment with significant reliability and uptime requirements
- Experience with identifying, translating and migrating workloads to Cloud, specifically AWS while optimizing the cost of Cloud based workloads
- Possess a deep experience in DevOps with proven results enabling continuous deployment and continuous integration (CI/CD)
- Possess some experience and background in infrastructure architecture, systems administration, network administration and storage administration
- Extensive experience with instrumentation, enterprise monitoring and reporting tools
We would like to offer you:
- A platform to develop your clinical research management skills
- An opportunity to help re-envision how clinical research is executed and deliver high-quality research outputs
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically oriented, collaborative team to deliver enterprise grade direct-to-patient clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow as part of an early stage startup
- Competitive compensation including a performance bonus
Generous benefits package including:
- Health, dental & vision that are effective on day one of employment
- 401K with company match
- Twelve-week maternity leave with 100% of salary
- Six-week parental leave with 100% of salary
- Short & long-term disability
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), plus holidays and bereavement leave
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fitness reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (retail, hotels, food, restaurants, car rentals, and much more)
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.