At Lightelligence, we’re building computational machines that are solving problems in ways that have never been done before. We’re looking for an opto-mechanical packaging engineer to assist with photonic IC packaging and supply chain management.
What you’ll do at Lightelligence:
- Design and build a silicon photonics packaging platform for optical interfaces to photonic IC
- Develop and evaluate the performance process for high-performance through material selections and structure/process optimization through collaboration with cross-functional development teams
- Interact with suppliers regarding system specifications, quotes, purchase orders, and incoming parts/components
- Evaluate design for reliability, manufacturing, and assembly
- Support in the documentation process for product components, including models, productions drawings, inspection criteria, system specification, fixture design, etc.
- BS or MS in optics, physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in optical packaging and assembly
- Hands-on experience in construction and evaluation of optical alignment stations
- Experience in design of opto-mechanical fixtures and products with sub-micron tolerances
- Lab experience with optical measurements and optical test equipment
- Experience using 2D/3D design software, such as AutoCad, Solidworks, Zemax, or FEA is a plus
- Self-motivated team player with good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to work effectively across multiple functional teams in different sites