Lightelligence develops optical chips for high-performance computing tasks. By processing information with light, our chips offer orders of magnitude improvement in terms of high speed, low latency, and low power consumption compared to traditional electronic architectures.
At Lightelligence, we’re building computational machines that are solving problems in ways that have never been done before. We’re looking for a physical design architect.
What you’ll do at Lightelligence:
- Define back-end physical design methodology for ASIC tapeouts
- Feasibility analysis, wiring studies
- Define ASIC clocking methodology & rules for ASIC blocks and full-chip and define and own clocking architecture, reset and power sequencing strategy for ASICs
- Floorplanning, synthesis, place & route, timing and design closure
- Custom placement of critical blocks (digital and analog)
- Power analysis
- BS or MS in a relevant discipline such as Electrical Engineering and at least 5-7 years experience
- Experience with ASIC physical design flow from feasibility to signoff using commercial EDA tools
- Track record of successful tapeouts of ASICs of significant scope (size, frequency, power)
- Willingness to learn new skills and do the work necessary to succeed.