Lightelligence develops optical chips for high-performance computing tasks. By processing information with light, our chips offer orders of magnitude improvement in terms of high speed, low latency, and low power consumption compared to traditional electronic architectures.
At Lightelligence, we’re building computational machines that are solving problems in ways that have never been done before. We’re looking for an opto-mechanical packaging engineer
What you’ll do at Lightelligence:
- Design and build a silicon photonics packaging platform for optical coupling interfaces between optical fiber array and source of silicon waveguide structures
- Develop and evaluate the coupling process for high-performance through material selections and structure/process optimization through collaboration with cross-functional development teams
- Interact with suppliers regarding system specifications, quotes, purchase orders, and incoming parts/components
- Evaluate design for reliability, manufacturing, and assembly
- Support in the documentation process for product components, including models, productions drawings, inspection criteria, system specification, fixture design, etc.
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, optics, or related disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in area of fiber optics, fiber array, and optical components
- Hands-on experience in construction and evaluation of optical coupling stations, including coupling performance, material selections, and process optimization
- Experience in design of opto-mechanical fixtures and products with sub-micron tolerances
- Lab experience with optical measurements and optical test equipment
- Experience using 2D/3D design software, such as AutoCad, Solidworks, Zemax, or FEA
- Self-motivated team player with good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to work effectively across multiple functional teams in different sites