POSITION: Communications Intern
LOCATION: Any of our locations (Washington DC, NY, IL or CA); can be 100% remote
REPORTS TO: National Communications Associate
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt (eligible for overtime)
HOURS: Approximately 10 hours per week
INTERNSHIP TERM: November 2022-June 2023 (flexible start between now and January)
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools, and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections, and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. As we begin the next phase of our strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
LIFT’s National Communications Team seeks a Communications Intern. This role will support the communications efforts of the organization by working on social media platforms, collateral, LIFT’s editorial calendar, and LIFT’s website. Reporting to the Communications Associate, this role provides an exciting opportunity for an emerging communications professional to learn more about the field in a mission-driven nonprofit organization.
AS THE COMMUNICATIONS INTERN, YOU WILL…
- Support LIFT’s social media presence (e.g., drafting copy and formatting visuals for posts across key channels)
- Craft and revise LIFT’s editorial calendar
- Create collateral to share the success of LIFT's work (g. profiles of our members, blog posts)
- Revise LIFT’s website content to ensure it remains up-to-date and accurate
- Other duties as assigned
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You are customer service-oriented and take pride in delivering excellent work to your colleagues
- You are able to balance multiple projects at once
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator
- You are pursuing a degree and/or have experience in a relevant field (e.g., communications, marketing, public relations)
- You are committed to LIFT’s mission and demonstrate LIFT’s values of equity, diversity, relationships, hope, and excellence.
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d love to hear from you! LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. LIFT’s goal is for our people to reflect the communities in which we live and serve and to ensure representation of people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Hourly Rate: $16.50/hour. LIFT’s compensation philosophy is to pay competitively for our non-profit sector and ensure equity across the organization. Compensation for the role will depend on several factors including qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience.
Please visit www.whywelift.org/careers to apply and submit a resume.