POSITION: NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS ASSISTANT – PART TIME
HOURS: 10-15 HOURS/WEEK, REMOTE, FLEXIBLE WITH AVAILABILITY DURING BUSINESS HOURS
LOCATION: NEW YORK, CHICAGO, LOS ANGELES, OR WASHINGTON, D.C. (D.C. PREFERRED)
REPORTS TO: EVENTS AND DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. Having recently launched a new four-year strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
LIFT is seeking a National Development Operations Assistant who will be charged with providing outstanding support for LIFT's frontline fundraisers across the country. This role is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented person with the ability to juggle multiple priorities to contribute to the seamless functioning of the LIFT-National office with the potential to be a full-time role in Summer 2023. Reporting to LIFT's Events and Development Operations Manager, the National Development Operations Assistant will provide the National Development team with the high-quality operational support it needs to ensure that the team has what it needs to deliver on high-quality work across all departments. This person should not only seamlessly manage existing operational systems, but also problem solve and improve upon the status quo.
AS A NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS ASSISTANT, YOU WILL:
- Effectively support regular pipeline meetings for LIFT's senior frontline fundraisers by ensuring that Salesforce data is accurate and up-to-date and preparing prospect research
- Provide administrative and event support to the Events and Development Operations Manager
- Manage salesforce database entry and management for development data
- Create and distribute tax acknowledgment receipts for donors
- Manage donor stewardship in Double the Donation platform
- Other tasks as needed
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 1-2 years administrative experience preferred; experience working or volunteering with low-income communities is a plus.
- You are highly organized and possess excellent time management skills; you are able to work independently to meet deadlines
- You take initiative and have a knack for devising creative solutions to any problem in your path.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy juggling multiple priorities.
- You are customer-oriented and approach every situation with a spirit of generosity.
- You demonstrate good judgement and discretion.
- You are respectful of people from all backgrounds and strive to treat everyone kindly and warmly.
- You are an experienced user of MS Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel specifically); other systems such as Salesforce, Campaign Monitor, and the Adobe Suite are a plus.
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d love to hear from you!
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. LIFT’s goal is for our people to reflect the communities in which we live and serve and to ensure representation of people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our organization.
WHAT WE OFFER:
LIFT’s compensation philosophy is to pay competitively for our non-profit sector and ensure equity across the organization. The salary range for this role is $20-22/hour. Compensation for the role will depend on several factors including qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, and may fall outside the range shown.
LIFT provides its part-time permanent employees:
- 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution after one year
- Pro-rated paid-time-off, including one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays and a one-week company-wide vacation over the summer fiscal year transition
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume.