POSITION: NATIONAL PROGRAM MANGER, COACHING
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, D.C. (REMOTE)
REPORTS TO: NATIONAL SENIOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR, COACHING & TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
SUPERVISES: NATIONAL PROGRAM TEAM COACHES
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools, and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections, and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. As we begin the next phase of our strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
This is an exciting opportunity for an MSW professional to join a supportive team and partner with the National Senior Director of Coaching Practice & Technical Assistance to support implementation of LIFT’s coaching model both internally across our four regions’ direct service and externally via Technical Assistance (TA) partnerships.
This role will support internal direct service through ongoing collaboration with regional teams as well as through thought partnership for continuous programming improvements. By leveraging previous direct service experience, the National Program Manager will supervise the National Program Team’s (NPT) two coaches, meeting weekly to strengthen and troubleshoot their ongoing coaching practice. As the liaison in elevating feedback from LIFT’s coaches nationally, the National Program manager will administer a bi-annual coach feedback survey and will produce summary analyses to share with regional teams.
The National Program Manager will support with LIFT’s ongoing program design and innovation, informed by both regional and national priorities in the organization’s key programming areas: career advancement, financial capabilities, educational attainment, and well-being. In this fiscal year, this role will focus on the latter two areas: developing tools and resources for supporting educational attainment and improving well-being. This role will be the lead point person for assisting regions partnered with community colleges in providing high-quality coaching supports that are tailored for and unique to student parents, aimed at supporting students’ persistence, completion, and workforce engagement. Additionally, a core component of LIFT’s holistic supports is investing in members’ well-being. The National Program Manager will be responsible for expanding the well-being supports provided to parents enrolled in coaching, and the National Program Manager will collaborate with the National Senior Program Director to define, generate, and implement these expanded supports.
In supporting continuous improvement in direct service and TA, the National Program Manager will also collaborate with the National Program Manager, Training & Technical Assistance to manage implementation of LIFT’s TA partnerships, improvements to LIFT’s TA services, and support of external stakeholders in integrating new practices and tools into their programing – especially in regards to community college partnerships and well-being supports.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with 5+ years of experience to join an expanding and supportive team. The ideal candidate has demonstrated expertise in direct service, is knowledgeable and excited to engage in higher education supports, and has demonstrated ability engaging with diverse communities.
AS A NATIONAL PROGRAM MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Provide weekly supervision to NPT’s two coaches providing direct service to LIFT members.
- Serve as liaison in elevating coach feedback and insights across regions to inform decision-making.
- Support implementation of bi-annual coach feedback surveys, including collaborating with National Program Director to develop questions, administer survey, and develop summary analyses to share with regional teams.
- Co-design improvements to LIFT’s tools and resources for student parents and well-being by identifying and packaging best practices that emerge from landscape research, implementation, regional pilot outcomes, and within the field.
- Support implementation of LIFT’s TA partnerships, improvements to LIFT’s TA services, and support of external stakeholders in integrating new practices and tools into their programing – especially in regards to Community College partnerships and well-being supports.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
- LMSW in DC preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of programmatic work; experience working in higher education and working with families living in low-income, ideally in coaching practice, social work, and/or higher education/career advancement strongly preferred.
- You have a strong track record managing large projects with many moving parts towards successful outcomes.
- You are able to strategize and think “big picture,” identifying innovations and opportunities for program design improvement.
- You have a proven ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse populations in a culturally sensitive way.
- You are clear and compelling in both verbal and written communication, and you enjoy collaborating around a common goal.
- You have a proven ability to establish and strengthen relationships with external partners and internal, cross-department teammates.
- You demonstrate LIFT’s values of equity, diversity, relationships, hope, and excellence
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d love to hear from you! LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. LIFT’s goal is for our people to reflect the communities in which we live and serve and to ensure representation of people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our organization.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- LIFT’s compensation philosophy is to pay competitively for our non-profit sector and ensure equity across the organization. The salary range for this role is $60,000-70,000/year. Compensation for the role will depend on several factors including qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, and may fall outside the range shown.
- LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage (100% for employees, 75% for dependents), a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, 12 weeks paid parental leave, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays and a one-week company-wide vacation over the summer fiscal year transition.
- LIFT is a qualifying public service employer, which means all full-time LIFT employees qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. To learn more about the program, please visit: https://studentaid.gov/pslf/.
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume.