POSITION: PROGRAM COORDINATOR, PARENT ENGAGEMENT
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. Having recently launched a new four-year strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
*During COVID-19, LIFT has transitioned to working and providing services remotely and is committed to the safety of its staff, coaches, and members. We have a target hybrid re-entry date of February 2022.
The role is an exciting opportunity for a relational problem-solver who is deeply committed to providing low-income families with the excellent support and resources they need to achieve their goals. The Parent Coordinator is the primary liaison between LIFT and the parents and caregivers who walk through our doors. This individual is responsible for recruiting parents for LIFT’s programs, serving as the main contact for community referral partners and developing community events that increase parents’ social capital. The Parent Coordinator will also ensure that LIFT’s program data is accurate and thorough so that the program is able to make strategic adjustments and provide the best possible service to parents.
AS A PROGRAM COORDINATOR, PARENT ENGAGEMENT, YOU WILL:
- Build and steward strong relationships with local early childhood care providers and other community partners, from which LIFT sources program participants
- Develop savvy recruiting strategies to enroll parents and conduct intake upon arrival at LIFT
- Serve as the primary day-to-day point of contact for community partners and ensure LIFT’s community resources for parents are thorough and up-to-date
- Connect parents and coaches to community partners and resources as needs arise
- Develop programming that improves parents’ social capital, in partnership with the National Program Team; this may include financial literacy workshops, parent peer groups and community events to celebrate parents' successes in LIFT's program
- Monitor integrity of local program data collection and make adjustments in data collection strategies as needed, with support from LIFT’s National Program Team
- Liaison between members and LIFT-DC to respond to member concerns and recruit members for donor events, interviews and other engagement activities
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum 2 years’ experience working in a direct service role with low-income communities; Early Childhood Education degree and/or experience working with families is a plus
- High-energy advocate who works doggedly to find the right solution to a problem
- Master relationship builder: listening and then delivering on that knowledge is your forte
- Guru of social services and education systems, and you keep your ear to the ground for the latest opportunities; bonus points for deep local knowledge of the community, education systems, and social services
- Clear, compelling and energizing communicator
- Comfortable setting an agenda and facilitating group dialogue
- Detail-oriented and comfortable using data systems to track performance, learn and improve
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays and a one-week company-wide vacation in the first week of July.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter.
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.