POSITION: PROGRAM COORDINATOR, TRAINING
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
REPORTS TO: LIFT-DC SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER, COACHING
SUPERVISES: NOT APPLICABLE
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to invest in families to break the cycle of poverty. We connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools, and resources they need to reach economic stability and mobility. We help them build the personal well-being, social connections, and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory having recently launched a new four-year strategic plan for scale through influencing systems and policy change in addition to continuous improvements to our direct service model. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values of diversity, operating with excellence, equity, relationships, and hope.
*During COVID-19, LIFT has transitioned to working and providing services remotely and is committed to the safety of its staff, coaches, and members. We have a target hybrid re-entry date of January 9, 2022. Once our office opens its doors, this role will be expected to work a hybrid schedule as needed.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a compassionate leader and skilled facilitator to provide exceptional training support for LIFT coaches. The Program Coordinator, Training is a critical member of the team and works closely with the regional Senior Program Manager to coordinate and deliver high-quality training activities on a regular basis. This includes on-boarding new coaches and supporting existing coaches through evaluation, reflection, and feedback. They also provide direct coaching services to families and leverage that direct experience to foster continuous learning across the organization. This person should not only seamlessly coordinate existing training supports, but also problem solve and improve upon the status quo. They demonstrate an eagerness to learn and support the team across departments in order to build a new standard of excellence for LIFT’s impact.
AS A PROGRAM COORDINATOR YOU WILL:
- Implement training activities as designed by the regional Program Manager, including weekly on-going trainings, group reflection sessions, and coach observations
- Coordinate all logistics to on-board new coaches and facilitate sessions as needed
- Complete data quality assurance checks and maintenance
- Provide direct coaching to parents of young children
- Partner with the National Office as needed to improve systems, tools, and resources
- Partner with the National Office to support Technical Assistance (TA) training and for DC TA partnerships
- Provide operational support including outreach to families for reminder calls, events, etc.
- Provide support with programmatic special projects, as needed
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years training and/or program experience preferred; experience working or volunteering with low-income communities is a plus
- Skilled communicator and are adept at facilitating group discussion
- Customer-oriented and approach every situation with a spirit of generosity
- Detail-oriented and place a high premium on data accuracy
- Highly organized and possess excellent time management skills; you are able to meet deadlines in spite of frequent interruptions
- Takes initiative and has a knack for devising creative solutions to any problem in your path
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys juggling several tasks at once
- Demonstrates good judgement and discretion
- Experienced user of MS Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel specifically); other systems a plus
- Spanish fluency is a plus
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d love to hear from you!
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. LIFT’s goal is for our people to reflect the communities in which we live and serve and to ensure representation of people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our organization.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays and a one-week company-wide vacation over the summer fiscal year transition.
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter.