POSITION: EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE
LOCATION: LOS ANGELES
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FLSA STATUS: NONEXEMPT
SALARY RANGE: $45-50k, Based on experience
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools, and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build personal well-being, social connections, and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages, or better education. To learn more, visit www.liftcommunities.org.
As the organization kicks off a new four-year strategic plan, LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
*During COVID-19, LIFT has transitioned to working and providing services remotely and is committed to the safety of its staff, coaches, and members. We have a target hybrid re-entry date of January 1, 2022. Once our office opens its doors, this role will be expected to be in the office 3-4 days a week as needed.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented multi-tasker to contribute to the seamless functioning of the LIFT-Los Angeles office. The Executive Associate is a critical member of the LIFT-Los Angeles regional team and the first person our parents, partners, and supporters will meet when they come through our doors. This person will work hand-in-hand with the Executive Director (ED), supporting the ED with meeting preparation, scheduling, external correspondence, strategic projects, and board management. The Executive Associate is responsible for providing LIFT-Los Angeles with the high-quality operational support it needs to ensure that the team has what it needs to deliver high-quality work across all departments. This person should not only seamlessly manage existing operational systems, but also problem solve and improve upon the status quo. The Operations Associate will build a new standard of excellence for internal and external customer service.
At LIFT this position's internal title is Operations Associate.
AS AN EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE/OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE, YOU WILL:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, which includes scheduling and preparing the Executive Director for critical internal and external meetings. Draft external correspondence and materials on behalf of the Executive Director for funders, partners, champions, and key contacts.
- Partner with the Executive Director, Senior Program Director, and Director of Development on board engagement as well as key strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate regional program and fundraising events, including funder site visits, family-focused workshops, and celebrations.
- Serve as LIFT Los Angeles’s first point of contact for parents 8 hours per week; welcoming parents to our space, troubleshooting questions from coaches, and scheduling parent meetings with coaches via phone. OA shares this responsibility with the Program Coordinator in Los Angeles.
- Own overall office management, including ordering supplies and serving as a touchpoint for technology support.
- Provide operational support to the LIFT region’s team and partner with the National Office as needed to improve upon systems, tools, and resources.
- Support with salesforce database entry and management for program and development data.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years administrative experience preferred; experience working or volunteering with low-income communities is a plus.
- Highly organized and possesses excellent time management skills; you are able to meet deadlines in spite of frequent interruptions.
- Takes initiative and has a knack for devising creative solutions to any problem in your path.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy juggling several tasks at once.
- Customer-oriented and approach every situation with a spirit of generosity.
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion.
- Respectful of people from all backgrounds and strive to treat everyone kindly and warmly.
- Experienced user of MS Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel specifically); other systems such as Salesforce, Campaign Monitor, and the Adobe Suite are a plus.
- Spanish proficiency is required.
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d love to hear from you!
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter.