POSITION: Development Coordinator
LOCATION: Bronx, New York
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools, and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. As we begin the next phase of our strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
*During the COVID-19 pandemic, LIFT has transitioned to working and providing services remotely and is committed to the safety of its staff, coaches, and members.
The Development Coordinator for our LIFT-NY region will assume responsibilities across a wide range of fundraising, relationship building, marketing, communications and management activities. The role will require a growth mindset in order to foster a culture of philanthropy among the New York team and board, the Development Coordinator role provides an exciting opportunity for an emerging development professional to grow his/her/their skills in a dynamic and nimble workplace.
AS A DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to ensure year-round engagement and stewardship of all donors including preparing and sending written communication on behalf of the executive director
- Lead planning and execution of all cultivation events, including site visits, LIFT & Learns, and donor meetings
- Serve as the regional office’s key liaison with LIFT's national development team, to ensure fundraising alignment and monitoring of progress to goal
- Collaborate with the LIFT national development, communications team and staff to draft content for quarterly newsletter and other org-wide communications
- Plan and manage the stewardship program for NY-based donors, including strategizing around communications and engagement touch points
- Manage donor data entry in Salesforce, email distribution, and blog posts for New York region
- Cultivate and steward relationships among corporate volunteers with Program Director
- Schedule and attend Development Committee meetings, attend Board meetings
- Other projects or responsibilities as required
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Emotionally intelligent and self-aware, including the ability to both ask for/receive and offer assistance or leadership when and where needed
- Open to and appreciative of feedback, responsive to direction and coaching
- Capable communicator with an astute eye for written and visual communication in particular (design or marketing experience, including ability to use design software a plus)
- Excellent writer and verbal communicator that takes pride in creating compelling stories and content
- Detail-oriented and proactive approach to managing time-sensitive and competing workloads
- Experience using Salesforce or a donor management system (preferred)
- Demonstrated track record of being customer service oriented
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, and to adapt to shifting priorities
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d love to hear from you!
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter.