POSITION: Technology Fellow
LOCATION: Washington, DC or NY (Remote)
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
POSITION TYPE: Exempt Fellowship (18 month contract)
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit https://www.whywelift.org/.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. We are about to launch a new five-year strategic plan. We are looking for community-centered, entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
*During the COVID-19 crisis, LIFT has transitioned to working and providing services remotely and is committed to the safety of its staff, coaches, and members.
We are excited to hire a Technology Fellow that presents the opportunity for a recent graduate that wants to further their career and financial opportunities but also give back to the communities we serve through thoughtful partnership with our Programs, Development, and FinOps teams by providing operational support and creating innovative applications of our technology and systems. This Fellowship is perfect for a recent graduate who wants to spend an intensive year learning the ins and outs of every aspect of Tech and IT solutions and that wants to have an advantage in the nonprofit job market after completing the Fellowship.
This position will be located in either our Washington, DC or New York office reporting to our Director of Technology and is scheduled to last 18 months.
If You Are Interested In This Fellowship You Should:
- Want to gain a depth and breadth of knowledge about how technology can impact underserved communities through our mission and work and gain the tools and experience to develop solutions that help nonprofits better achieve their missions;
- Want to challenge the status quo of how things are currently done and provide insight and thought partnership into how things can be modified, improved, changed, and strengthened
- Have confidence in your proposals, suggestions, and work but also have the cultural intuition to know if the measures are appropriate for where LIFT a currently is and/or wants to be;
- Have the desire to make a mark on how LIFT’s tech systems empower our staff and members in a way that allows them to leave a legacy behind in the sense that their improvements and additions will be recognized and utilized after the Fellowship has concluded;
During this Fellowship, the Fellow will:
- Gain experience in finding Tech solutions that are not only agile, cost-effective, but will also leverage current technology tools in ways that are innovative and creative that present time-savings to our department’s internal stakeholders like Programs, Development and FinOps
- Have the opportunity to gain in depth experience in the areas of IT administration that they are most interested as it pertains to their professional development as an IT Professional.
- Chose a professional development track to follow over the course of the fellowship.
- Examples of common tracks are the Salesforce Administrator Certification, Cisco Meraki Certification, and the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate.
- In conjunction with LIFT’s professional development offerings, the experience gained at LIFT will position fellows to move into a variety of industries with strong foundational knowledge of IT operations and specific areas of expertise.
AS THE TECHNOLOGY FELLOW YOU WILL:
- Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email. Respond to requests in a timely manner while striving to reduce the mean time to resolve each issue
- Support with the installation, rollout, and/or upgrade of new software, hardware, systems, cloud based applications, networks, etc., including testing and evaluating these tools
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of written documentation on problem solutions, tool configurations and end user documentation.
- Be responsible for the implementation, installation, maintenance and support of end user equipment, software, Macintosh and Windows workstations, printers, LAN, AV, video conferencing, and phones
- Train users on software and hardware on-site and virtually
- Perform other functions as required
- You have at least 1 year of hands on experience supporting Windows 10 operating systems, installing and troubleshooting hardware and software
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a similar field of study is preferred. Equivalent relevant experience will be considered. \You can effectively assist users with Office365 applications including the Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, and OneDrive
- You have experience with virus/malware protection, detection and removal
- You possess network administration skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are skilled in handling stressful situations in a professional manner and deliver excellent customer service
- You consistently demonstrate a commitment to personal and team goals through flexibility, initiative, positive attitude and professionalism
- You are detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- You have flexibility in your work schedule and are able to travel to regional offices intermittently. You demonstrate LIFT’s values of equity, diversity, relationships, hope, and excellence
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d love to hear from you!
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter.