POSITION: Development Coordinator
LOCATION: Los Angeles
REPORTS TO: Development Director
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
POSITION TYPE: Exempt
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit https://www.whywelift.org/.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. We are about to launch a new five-year strategic plan. We are looking for community-centered, entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
*During the COVID-19 crisis, LIFT has transitioned to working and providing services remotely and is committed to the safety of its staff, coaches, and members.
LIFT-Los Angeles is seeking a Development Coordinator for its team. The Development Coordinator will support fundraising efforts by offering grant writing and project management, back office and operational services, gift stewardship, social media content creation, communications support, volunteer recruitment and training, event coordination and other Development-specific special projects. Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Coordinator role provides an exciting opportunity for an emerging development professional to grow their skills in a dynamic and nimble workplace.
AS A DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR, YOU WILL:
- Support the team in telling the stories of the families we serve by documenting their stories, writing newsletters, blogs and creating content for social media
- Run all grant operations including some proposal and report writing, editing and grant calendar management
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to support events
- Lead on special events such as cultivation events and donor engagement opportunities
- Support donor visits and board meetings
- Plan and manage the stewardship program for LA-based donors, including strategizing around communications and engagement touch points
- Create content for pitch decks
- Effectively and accurately update fundraising efforts in Salesforce; supporting frontline fundraisers in capturing their work in Salesforce
- Coordinate other projects as required
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Excellent writer and verbal communicator, and you take pride in creating compelling stories and content
- Experience in the grants process
- Event planning experience
- Experience using Salesforce or a donor management system (preferred)
- Customer service oriented
- High-functioning teammate and excel at working collaboratively
- Committed to LIFT’s mission, and you demonstrate LIFT’s core values of diversity, equity, relationships, excellence, and hope
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d love to hear from you!
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter.